Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2007, 05:42 PM

Default Re: Your Heisman Top 5

[ QUOTE ]
Someone, anyone, defend Colt Brennan over Graham Harrell. I don't understand it, one has good numbers playing a horrible schedule, the other has out of this world numbers playing a slightly less horrible schedule, both in extremely qb friendly offenses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pre-season hype.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Someone, anyone, defend Colt Brennan over Graham Harrell. I don't understand it, one has good numbers playing a horrible schedule, the other has out of this world numbers playing a slightly less horrible schedule, both in extremely qb friendly offenses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pre-season hype.

[/ QUOTE ]

with Brennan it would be more of a Career award, like Ricky Williams. He certainly hasn't done enough this season to justify it. Though the season isn't over yet.

I think Michael Crabtree deserves more mention. 78 catches for 1244 yards and 17 tds halfway through the season is just sick. For comparison, Desmond Howard had 62/985/19 the year he won it.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:45 PM

Based on that Kentucky game, Tebow is going to have to try pretty hard to lose this right? One man offense. Play action pass using himself, lol. What a monster. DeShaun Jackson second place?
Old 10-21-2007, 09:56 PM

How about Jonathan Stewart? The Jeremiah Johnson injury may have hurt Oregon's BCS chances but it has to have helped Stewart's Heisman odds. He split carries for the first half of the year, so his yards per game should be much higher in the second half of the season (the 251 yards vs. Washington yesterday obviously supports this theory). He's already 9th in rushing yards, 6th in yards per game, and 1st in yards per carry (among backs with at least 100 carries).

Or does it hurt him too much to have to split votes with Dennis Dixon? Of course the next two weeks will be critical to whether either of them is actually in the running or not...
Old 10-21-2007, 11:48 PM

Only thing that stops Tebow from winning it is the fact that he's a sophomore.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:16 AM

I don't think it will be the difference this time, but I really thought Rex deserved it when he was a sophomore though.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:16 AM

Tebow, Woodson, Ryan, Hart, McFadden and Dixon seem like the only ones who could win it to me. McFadden would have to be absolutely huge and propel Arkansas to a bunch of wins and Hart would have to be a beast when he gets back, especially against OSU. I don't think Ryan should really be in the discussion, but everyone else has him in there so he has a shot.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How about Jonathan Stewart? The Jeremiah Johnson injury may have hurt Oregon's BCS chances but it has to have helped Stewart's Heisman odds. He split carries for the first half of the year, so his yards per game should be much higher in the second half of the season (the 251 yards vs. Washington yesterday obviously supports this theory). He's already 9th in rushing yards, 6th in yards per game, and 1st in yards per carry (among backs with at least 100 carries).

Or does it hurt him too much to have to split votes with Dennis Dixon? Of course the next two weeks will be critical to whether either of them is actually in the running or not...

[/ QUOTE ]

It hurts him that he's in the Pac 10 and not on USC.

b
Old 10-22-2007, 12:27 AM

1)Tebow
2)Dixson
3)McFadden
4)Ryan
5)Woodson
Old 10-22-2007, 12:34 AM

It's too bad that Virginia's Chris Long probably won't get in the Heisman discussion. Not that I would expect him to win by any means, but he's the most dominating DL I've seen in the ACC since Julius Peppers. I mean, he has 10 sacks (1 safety), 13 tackles for a loss, 1 INT, and 7 passes defended, all from the DE position in a 3-4 defense.

Not counting him (again, as he plays defense on a team that doesn't get attention, I don't see him as having a chance), I'm not sure who I like for Heisman. Several guys have put up disgusting numbers, but I nobody has struck me as someone whom I watch and say, "ZOMG HE'S SO AWESOME!" NozeCandy's list is a good one, and really, I could see it going to any of them.