Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2006, 09:46 PM

Default Beer drinking competition......I need advice

So I'm hosting a "handcuff party" at my apartment this weekend. I heard about this thing from my cousin who went to JMU and participated in one. Its not like it sounds....

The way it works is this: Everyone at the party splits up into pairs of a girl and a guy and then are handcuffed together. Then they are given a 18 case of bottled beer (I'll be using Bud or Budlight for the party). Together they must drink all 18 beers within 4 hours to say they completed the task. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] The first couple to finish gets the win obviously, but all that can finish this task will be revered.

I'm looking for advice on

1.) How to pace myself in this thing. Start off chugging or nursing? FWIW I drink often and think I'm good for 12-13 beers in approx. 3 1/2 hrs. Hopefully the girl I'm paired up with can do the other 6.

2.) What to eat beforehand. What and when should I be eating before this thing? Also, one of my friends advises taking small pieces of bread, packing it into a tight little ball, and eating a few of them throughout the competition. Good idea?

3.) Even though I drink often thats a lot of beer bottles to down in slightly over 3 hrs (I'm trying to win and the winner is likely to be around that time frame). Should I be drinking a lot of beers over these next few days to try to get my body more comfortable to that amount of alcohol AND not to mention that much liquid? Or should I just be drinking a lot of water or whatever to expand my stomach? The competition will be this Saturday night and will have about 10 couples in it.

4.) Bud or Bud light?

All advice is appreciated.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:48 PM

Default Re: Beer drinking competition......I need advice

sounds like a case race...

you want a fun beer game

play taps...or I guess it's called flippy cup in other parts of the country...that will get you wasted since your chugging full beers while people scream at you
Old 04-19-2006, 09:48 PM

I could drink 18 Bud lights in 4 hrs, easy. The pissing part would be interesting.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The pissing part would be interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]
First thing I thought of. There is no way I could go 4 hours and 9+ beers without pissing.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:53 PM

1) Pace yourself. No reason to chug a lot early. I think I would chug the first one almost immediately however.
2) I was going to suggest Bread, but the little ball thing is a bad idea. Definately don't go in w/ an empty stomach and definately don't go in really full. Any light food is probably fine.
3)If you don't have the tolerance to do this by now, I don't think a couple of days will help any. Chug the first one and then pace yourself. You want some of the beer in your stomach almost immediately to start processing the liquid.
4) Bud light. Honestly i'd go w/ something even lighter. When i was in school Keystone Light was like alcoholic water. Almost no taste and it went down very smooth. I dont' even know if that exists anymore.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
First thing I thought of. There is no way I could go 4 hours and 9+ beers without pissing.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf are you going to do for 4 hours?

sit around...when we did case race we would have to sit for 30min-1hour with no puke or piss (while everyone finished)...that was long enough
Old 04-19-2006, 09:54 PM

They say... "it's a marathon, not a sprint."

I say, "sprint the marathon."

This isn't even that bad. You should just aim to finish all 18. Whatever she gets is bonus.

Small pieces of bread sounds reasonable. Just don't be too full when you start, or it's game over.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:56 PM

You want fats in your stomach. Peanut butter works great for a night of binge drinking. Eat a BIG breakfast.

Hmm, I just read this post twice and I don't see not pissing mentioned... I must be blind.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck with pissing handcuffed (for both of you)
Minus that problem, it sounds like a pretty fun game.