Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2006, 05:55 AM

Default JJ line in 3 way capped pot

10/20 pacific 6 handed, hero is BB with J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], SB is passive pre flop and a bit over aggro post flop when he hits part of flop

Preflop: UTG folds, MP calls, CO folds, button folds, SB raises, hero 3 bets, MP calls, SB caps, hero calls, MP calls

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB bets, hero raises, MP folds, SB 3 bets, hero?

Whats your plan for the rest of the hand gentleman?
Old 04-04-2006, 06:01 AM

Default Re: JJ line in 3 way capped pot

[ QUOTE ]
SB is passive post flop and a bit over aggro post flop when he hits part of flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you mean to say that he is passive preflop? If so I would fold the flop because you are only ahead of TT and a player that is passive preflop might not cap TT. Also, MP could have an ace.

If you choose to continue, there is no reason to raise. Your hand is not in need of protection, MP will be folding if he doesn't have an ace, 3, pocket pair, or gutshot draw. If I chose to continue it would be becasue I thought sb could have a lower pair or a totally random KT type hand. In these cases you don't want him to fold and you don't want to allow yourself to fold the best hand. Calling also give you an easy fold if MP raises.
Old 04-04-2006, 06:03 AM

Sorry yes, correction SB IS PASSIVE PRE FLOP. thanks.

Edit: Oops, didn't realize i could edit after post was replied to, all done now.
Old 04-04-2006, 06:25 AM

Raising anywhere is spewing. I just call this down, but with your read of SB being passive pf, you could argue for a fold.
Old 04-04-2006, 07:49 AM

After his flop , you can either call down from there (i dont think raising the turn or river UI is a good choice), or raise him, or fold. With your read that he is passive pf i think makes it a fold, especially with that guy behind you.

One potential problem with calling (apart from the fact that you are not often good in this spot) is that the guy behind you could raise, wasting you a SB (not such a big deal) but could also slowplay, and raise the turn, causing you to lose 3SB (unless you decide to fold a blank turn if MP overcalls the flop). The main thing that you are very frequently drawing to 2 outs, and the guy behind you to add more problems makes it a fold right there i think. I would have to think he's tilting fairly bad to call this down.

After you raise, and he 3-bets, i think you good near on never, so i fold it there rather then pay 2.5BB's more to find out.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you mean to say that he is passive preflop? If so I would fold the flop because you are only ahead of TT and a player that is passive preflop might not cap TT. Also, MP could have an ace.

If you choose to continue, there is no reason to raise. Your hand is not in need of protection, MP will be folding if he doesn't have an ace, 3, pocket pair, or gutshot draw. If I chose to continue it would be becasue I thought sb could have a lower pair or a totally random KT type hand. In these cases you don't want him to fold and you don't want to allow yourself to fold the best hand. Calling also give you an easy fold if MP raises.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agree with all this except the bold. If he has a PP, he's not folding. Regardless, that has no bearing on the situation either way because raising would be bad based on the KT/random hand thing alone.

Like Llama (who's always right) said, if OP's read is rock solid, a flop fold is in order. If not, calling down is the play.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:35 PM

Insta-muck. I'm ok with flop raise (although I'm not sure I'd do it myself) to "see where I'm at in the hand". Asked and answered. You're toast.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:39 PM

If he truly is passive pre-flop then I would just ditch it on the flop since you basically need him to be capping light in a multi-way pot to have any reason to continue.
Old 04-04-2006, 07:03 PM

fold to his 3-bet or just call down from the get-go. i'm more in favor of folding the flop since a passive PF player is not likely capping from the SB with anything less than a premium hand, which, of course, has you pwned.
Old 04-05-2006, 01:43 PM

I'm new to this forum....been a member for a long time but almost solely lurker.
Anyways, can anyone argue that capping the flop is best, and folding to a bet on any further streets? I personally might take this line rather than call down from the flop 3-bet.

Remember tho, if you do this too often it becomes easily exploitable.