Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2006, 10:25 AM

Default AKo vs a Lagtard

Poker Room 3-6

Villian is like 65/30/3 super ladtard. The problem is, if you show aggression, he will fold if he has nothing, but will raise if he has anything. Anything to him is any pair, and draw, A-high, that kind of stuff. I've seen him bet 3 streets with air.

I'm BB A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

6 folds, VIllian raises, SB folds, I call.

Flop:

J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check, villian bets, I call

Turn

4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check, villian bets, I call

River:

5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I check, Villian bets, I call.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:56 AM

Default Re: AKo vs a Lagtard

You got to use the hand converter. Very easy.

I swear I know which guy your talking about will call any raise with any a-x and with you luck is playing A-5. I think you needed to bet out flop.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:10 AM

As I see it you are doing the right thing, as you don't have a lot to be aggressive about since you only have two over cards which turn into bottom pair. And given the possibilty based on the villian's past play, the PF raise and he is betting every street you may have already be beaten PF.

Now we know he has in the pass bet three streets with nada, but this time may be differant because of the PF raise.

I would just check faster to get to the next hand sooner.
AG
Old 03-08-2006, 11:48 AM

since he's not folding anywhere and will re-raise with anything, this seems like the most sensible/cheapest way to get to showdown.
Old 03-08-2006, 01:32 PM

Reraise preflop and checkraise the flop, if he 3 bets the flop just fold, like you said he'll reraise if he hits at all
Old 03-08-2006, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he'll reraise if he hits at all

[/ QUOTE ]

which according to original poster, includes A high and draws.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:06 PM

three bet the pre flop
bet the flop and the turn(if he is going to fold if he had nothing)
Old 03-08-2006, 02:22 PM

PF: I raise and re-raise till capped with AK, suited or not. If this guy folds to aggression, oh well, take his bet and the blinds and call it a day. Thing is, would he really fold the PF after raising?

FLOP: two best overcards, I follow my PF strength and bet out as a semi-bluff. Again, I may win this right here and now, and that's okay.

TURN: Here it gets dicy/pricy, but again, assuming I've held the lead in terms of aggression, I continue aggression. Why? it's still a semi-bluff, and it only costs one bet. If the guy's a total calling station, you won't push him out - if he's a total maniac he may still raise. If he does, I'd still probably call and check/fold the river UI. In this case, if you guy has anything, he'll call - if he has nothing he'll fold. So if he calls, you know you're beat. You can check/fold the river UI.

RIVER: if you improved to a pair of kings or better, I'd bet - UI I check - then is it a check/fold or check call? If he hasn't backed down to the aggression, then it's probably a check fold.

AB
Old 03-08-2006, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Reraise preflop and checkraise the flop, if he 3 bets the flop just fold, like you said he'll reraise if he hits at all

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this guy. I like the check raise because this guys seems decently agressive not eveyone raises on the button to steal the blinds. I figure if you bet the flop he will probably raise you anyways because of position. I wait for him to bet because you know he will and then check raise him. However you need to reraise preflop, that would solve a lot of the problems here.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this guy. I like the check raise because this guys seems decently agressive not eveyone raises on the button to steal the blinds. I figure if you bet the flop he will probably raise you anyways because of position. I wait for him to bet because you know he will and then check raise him. However you need to reraise preflop, that would solve a lot of the problems here.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it won't, cause he will cap with everything. Then I am in a position of flopping nothing 1/3 of the time, but having him beat more than that.