Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: QB
T. Brady vs IND 3 50.00%
D. Brees @ TB 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 10:37 PM

Default Re: Cheating at AP, updated cliff notes

There was a pair of photos side by side of the myspace dude and another known to be Phil Tom, IMO, they appeared to be different guys but that is far from certain. The nose and jaw both appeared significantly different to me.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:37 PM

"This thing's like an onion, the more layers you peel the more it stinks"
Old 10-17-2007, 10:39 PM

If you want to know who owns the Account "Potripper" or any other all you need to do is find out what email addresses are Registered to the "suspicious" Accounts.....Yahoo emails and accounts are very easy to crack and "Hotmail" email accounts have a "bufferoverfluff exploit that is very vunerable and can be used to obtain access to any hotmail account...Trust me i know......If you get the Emails Addresses of the Accounts you suspect....You can check their emails for "header info" which will show who's "ip" has been using these email accounts......Then you know who the culpret is....As for get the name and address of the "ip" you are trying to lookup, there is only 2 ways you can get the "name & registered user address" of a ip or ip block, depending on whether they are using DSL,Cable,or any highspeed vcarrier that provides "ip's" that aren't "static" this means just about everyone except "cable" suscribers have a static "ip" when using high speed service....cable is the only provider that doesn't " give the user " a ip pool that changes everytime they restart their modem.....This is called a "dynamic ip" and just about every user that uses high speed providers has a dynamic connection except cable providers... their "ip" are dynamic but only change when the "cable server" reboots it's network....usually every 30 to 60 days....So find these peoples registered "email addresses" for their "AP" accounts and you can track them to their "ISP" getting their real name and info requires contact with the "isp provider" or a court order...But...their is away around this....Anyone3 that know how to "reverse engineer " a isp network server can retrieve and access the data works of all "isp user accounts" most times no password is needed...it will ask you to authenticate....in most substances, most "ISP" don't use a password and their network servers will allow access under any "regular user account" this is a breach and criminal but this is how most huge network hackers retrieve user ip info.......and data with huge ip pools to spam and steal large email address "formats" this is why you get junk mail from hackers and wonder how they got your email address.....they can't get personal info on any "isp" user ip without a "court warrant" but like i said...their are hundred if not thousands of hackers that can reverse engineer any "isp" network and find details on any ip block........I suggest you get the registered emails to each of these "poker accounts" and this will show you the way to who is behind and responsible for the cheating and superuser accounts....Pe@ce
Old 10-17-2007, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2. He would have had to friend multiple people on Myspace who are also friends of Phil Tom.*

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure I've read all of the threads, but do we have conclusive proof that the account is Phil Tom, rather than just some guy named Phil?

[/ QUOTE ]

Proof includes:

-Googling his Myspace account name "prouss1" yields two things:

1. A single HH from a Stars PCA Double Shootout he played in.

2. Two blog posts from his Myspace which reference Atlantis and the PCA.

-The age on the profile is in the correct range for how old Phil Tom is (though as adanthar pointed out, people often lie about their age, location, etc. on Myspace).

-The profile picture, though not a 100% definitive likeness of the only other picture we have come up with, is not by any means unlike the headshot we have of him.

-He lists Canton as his hometown, just as the "Scott/puremoney7" profile does.

-All of this information was available before the name Phil Tom was all over 2+2.

Again, we don't have a voicemail from the brothers Tom guaranteeing that these are their profiles, but the only argument against it being them would be to believe that someone made impostor accounts with all this info before it was even know Phil or Scott was a person of any interest whatsoever.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you want to know who owns the Account "Potripper" or any other all you need to do is find out what email addresses are Registered to the "suspicious" Accounts.....Yahoo emails and accounts are very easy to crack and "Hotmail" email accounts have a "bufferoverfluff exploit that is very vunerable and can be used to obtain access to any hotmail account...Trust me i know......If you get the Emails Addresses of the Accounts you suspect....You can check their emails for "header info" which will show who's "ip" has been using these email accounts......Then you know who the culpret is....As for get the name and address of the "ip" you are trying to lookup, there is only 2 ways you can get the "name & registered user address" of a ip or ip block, depending on whether they are using DSL,Cable,or any highspeed vcarrier that provides "ip's" that aren't "static" this means just about everyone except "cable" suscribers have a static "ip" when using high speed service....cable is the only provider that doesn't " give the user " a ip pool that changes everytime they restart their modem.....This is called a "dynamic ip" and just about every user that uses high speed providers has a dynamic connection except cable providers... their "ip" are dynamic but only change when the "cable server" reboots it's network....usually every 30 to 60 days....So find these peoples registered "email addresses" for their "AP" accounts and you can track them to their "ISP" getting their real name and info requires contact with the "isp provider" or a court order...But...their is away around this....Anyone3 that know how to "reverse engineer " a isp network server can retrieve and access the data works of all "isp user accounts" most times no password is needed...it will ask you to authenticate....in most substances, most "ISP" don't use a password and their network servers will allow access under any "regular user account" this is a breach and criminal but this is how most huge network hackers retrieve user ip info.......and data with huge ip pools to spam and steal large email address "formats" this is why you get junk mail from hackers and wonder how they got your email address.....they can't get personal info on any "isp" user ip without a "court warrant" but like i said...their are hundred if not thousands of hackers that can reverse engineer any "isp" network and find details on any ip block........I suggest you get the registered emails to each of these "poker accounts" and this will show you the way to who is behind and responsible for the cheating and superuser accounts....Pe@ce

[/ QUOTE ]

There are people inside AP who are leaking information, I imagine other account's owners will come out soon enough.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:43 PM

Guys, please refrain from witch hunts for now. It is pretty scary and could get us into trouble. We have absolute by the balls and we should just keep up the pressure on spreading the news of what we 100% KNOW is cheating.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:45 PM

PokerNewbie871 was so much better than pokernewbie 870.

Anyways, I agree, we need to get some huge dorks that can hack into their email accounts. I'll offer payment with video games, calculators, strippers, etc.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:45 PM

Scott and Phil list two different STATES with Canton.

[ QUOTE ]
but the only argument against it being them would be to believe that someone made impostor accounts with all this info before it was even know Phil or Scott was a person of any interest whatsoever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Mark Seif knowing a poker player named Phil who played in multiple events is not surprising in any way. I don't know why we have to make the jump from having a poker playing myspace friend named Phil and knowing the owner of the site named Phil to that myspace belonging to that Phil.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyways, I agree, we need to get some huge dorks ....

[/ QUOTE ]

Please stop posting idiotic things in this thread.

Hacking something because of concerns about IT security is self-evidently stupid.

edit: corrected my language
Old 10-17-2007, 10:50 PM

btw, I love how easy it is for people not to care if people like me get screwed if Absolute goes down all the way for this.

just pretty sure they'd be singing a different tune if they had 150k on the line here
Closed Thread