Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2007, 10:08 PM

Default Re: The Official \"gravida\" reaction thread

[ QUOTE ]
Since you can use them in pretty much everything you do, a good mike or two would be an excellent investment.

[/ QUOTE ]

trust me, it's near the top of the list of things i should invest in when i get the money

we had a sound person for the apartment stuff, but she couldn't make it for the office stuff. that was probably a factor as well
Old 07-28-2007, 04:41 PM

TalkingMoviezzz.com (plus an interview)

"gravida" is an excellent short film. Beautifully photographed with a terrific lead performance by Rachel Shaw. Called “A Study In Loneliness”, the film effectively creates a very somber tone that it is able to sustain throughout. It almost works as a silent film, as the visuals are so strong.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:17 PM

Lazy Eye Theatre

"Filmmaking in general could use a little bit more of Lucas' talent because he uses the medium perfectly: revealing pieces about characters in matter-of-fact glimpses, letting the audience in on what the other characters don't know just yet...The camera work is also a perfect compliment to the story. Long static shots and few edits help capture the stillness of Kristin's life. The camera rarely moves, instead it sits there often from a distance, letting us take in what we are seeing."
Old 08-08-2007, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lazy Eye Theatre

"Filmmaking in general could use a little bit more of Lucas' talent because he uses the medium perfectly: revealing pieces about characters in matter-of-fact glimpses, letting the audience in on what the other characters don't know just yet...The camera work is also a perfect compliment to the story. Long static shots and few edits help capture the stillness of Kristin's life. The camera rarely moves, instead it sits there often from a distance, letting us take in what we are seeing."

[/ QUOTE ]

you're not gonna let him know you couldn't afford a dolly, are you?

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-08-2007, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lazy Eye Theatre

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

of course not, but since the film has a couple dolly shots, he might not believe me anyway.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:38 PM

Hahaha!

Isn't it cool how you can sometimes work within your limitations properly to actually turn them into strengths? Smart planning.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hahaha!

Isn't it cool how you can sometimes work within your limitations properly to actually turn them into strengths? Smart planning.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's amazing how few people actually do that, rather than just trying to pretend the limitations don't exist and hoping no one minds that the effects look like [censored].
Old 08-08-2007, 04:08 PM

Exactly. I get a kick out of seeing how new filmmakers adapt their style and narrative to cramped budgets and limited equipment. I admire it when they do it well.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I liked it. More when it isn't 4am.

[/ QUOTE ]

I forgot about this. I'm going to have to watch it again now. It was fun to see L'Attente on the big screen (well, 50 inches vs. my laptop) and I thought guard duty was pretty funny.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lazy Eye Theatre

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

of course not, but since the film has a couple dolly shots, he might not believe me anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, I just thought I'd make a funny.