Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2006, 06:23 PM

Default Re: QJs river ?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think capping the turn is close to correct (lose to K high flush, boat), easy call or fold situation. I call.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's almost no possibility of a boat here (slowplayed AA only--a TP won't play a 2 early). I'm capping this turn every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some weak-players limp too much with any suited ace, so a hand like A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] is possible (although not likely, I agree).

I don't think trips is ever likely as the only 2 he might limp with is A2 or 22.

However, I don't think K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is very likely, as the only reasonable hands for a reasonable (i.e. not a complete fish) player UTG are K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Since you have the Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] that leaves only one hand.

I think a much more likely hand is something like T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Weaker players love to limp with stuff like that UTG.

But I agree with others, and I cap this turn every time. If he checks the river, I bet, if he bets, I call.

Not capping the turn is a mistake, unless you have a good read that villain only plays the nut flush strong.

Edit: edited because obviously Villain can't have the J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]