Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2006, 10:27 PM

Default 65s

58/33 over only 12 hands

Comments on all streets appreciated

Limit: $5/$10
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises</font>, 3 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4.5SB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4.25BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (10.25BB, 2 players)
Hero...
Old 10-23-2006, 10:33 PM

Default Re: 65s

I don't really get your flop raise. I'd need a better read to try this I think. To be honest I probably just fold the flop and wait for a better spot.

Turn fine.

River is a c/c for me.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:35 PM

I don't like the flop play on this board. c/c the river
Old 10-23-2006, 10:47 PM

Leader, he's getting a good price on the semibruff because he has 10 outs a lot of the time. Do you not like it becuse you think most opponents will take A high to showdown here?
Old 10-23-2006, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really get your flop raise. I'd need a better read to try this I think. To be honest I probably just fold the flop and wait for a better spot.

Turn fine.

River is a c/c for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sparky, I think the hero is going to have 10 outs on the flop too often to consider check/folding. So the flop play is between check/call and check/raise IMO.

I also would check/call the river. I certainly dont want to bet/fold, and bet/calling makes me sick inside, so I would just show down for one bet. With a relatively limited read, I really cant see any other line here other than check/call.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:32 PM

Against an unknown UTG raiser, I'm also in the C/C boat. Getting 3bet on the flop or raised on the turn c-bet (if UI) is real ugly so I just play it cool.

River is a clear C/C.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the flop play on this board. c/c the river

[/ QUOTE ]

Since we know so little about the villain I tend to agree. If we knew the villain raises light pre-flop and can find an easy fold post flop then I can find a flop donk bet. Hero has no redraw outs and his pair ours may not be good enough if villain raises so I don't c/r here.

Before we get to the river we should also discuss the turn. A turn 3-bet is ok, but I prefer a call &amp; river donk of any non-diamond card. Villain might very aggressive, what if he caps the turn? What if the river is a diamond and he raises? I'd prefer to avoid these sticky decisions and instead keep it simple by calling, and donking on the river. If the opponent is really aggressive he might bluff-raise the river anyway (I call all day long) which allows you to earn the extra bet, but conversely he might fold to a turn 3-bet if his turn bluff fails.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2006, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Before we get to the river we should also discuss the turn. A turn 3-bet is ok, but I prefer a call &amp; river donk of any non-diamond card. Villain might very aggressive, what if he caps the turn? What if the river is a diamond and he raises? I'd prefer to avoid these sticky decisions and instead keep it simple by calling, and donking on the river. If the opponent is really aggressive he might bluff-raise the river anyway (I call all day long) which allows you to earn the extra bet, but conversely he might fold to a turn 3-bet if his turn bluff fails.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good point. I completely agree.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Leader, he's getting a good price on the semibruff because he has 10 outs a lot of the time. Do you not like it becuse you think most opponents will take A high to showdown here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically I don't see him folding much unless we 3-barrel and I don't think that's generally worth it vs. a guy that we have no real idea how he plays.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:24 AM

i would rather just peel the flop. its not very often that i just c/c a decent draw but i think this is a good spot for it

i would rather call the turn raise and c/r a blank river. i think this guy will have queen high a lot more than ace high so hell fire again more often than not