Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: $60k-$80k
0-20% 2 11.11%
20-40% 7 38.89%
40-60% 8 44.44%
60-80% 0 0%
80-100% 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2007, 06:09 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (10/21) (spoilers to come) *DELETED*

Given this is a HSP thread, I thought I would ask this question here. While watching, I noticed the winning players putting a red/white chip on their cards after the hand is over and pushing it to the dealer.

How much are they tipping the dealer?
Old 10-23-2007, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Given this is a HSP thread, I thought I would ask this question here. While watching, I noticed the winning players putting a red/white chip on their cards after the hand is over and pushing it to the dealer.

How much are they tipping the dealer?

[/ QUOTE ]
Pretty sure those are $5. I could be wrong, though.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
^^ is a laughing stock at MSNL/HSNL forums and shouldnt be taken seriously

edit: stephen feraca i mean

[/ QUOTE ]

I wont even go there ,as your monicker says it all.Keep dreamin though about one day playin' 5/10 with your whole roll on the table....lol.

I know some of you hearthrobs and fanboys are devastated about Jman28 and the rest of the HS balla's in their HSP debut's(esp. the 10,000 morons that put his goofy face on their own avatars).....but young love is a biatch you know?

What a bunch of losers,with NOTHING to defend this debate with!
Old 10-23-2007, 08:12 PM

Are you retarded? He played for 2 hours, maybe 40 hands or so. What's he supposed to do, manufacture spots when the table is full of calling station donks? Plus how many actual hands get aired per show? Basing your opinion of a player on such a small sample is foolish, and someone like you should know better.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:24 PM

Stephen,

Totally agree.

Let's invite Brandon and Phil to a LIVE HS DEEPSTACK poker game.
200/400, 300BB sound good?

Adam

ps. I'm stranded in a hotel room for the next few days b/c of fires in San Diego, but I can arrange a game up when I get back home.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:35 PM

the comment in this thread is terrible

firstly, Gold is a massive fish, he is way too loose preflop, he coldcalls 3bets a tonne with marginal hands (AQ) then doesn't even valuebet the river when he has the best hand 90% of the time. he calls raises with rag aces and other junk. he is also the most annoying man alive. 'is it greasy, is it greasy, is it greasy' 'knew you had AK of spades' when he had previously put him on AA or KK.

Jman is playing in a crazy game with 3 lagtards (farha, gold and eli), the action is often reraised before it even gets to him. what can he call with in this spot, he probably can't even set mine with the stacks the way they are, he definitely can't call with speculative hands. it is full ring, so he can't play many hands anyway. surely playing like a nit and just relying on big hands is the way to go here. the table is playing like a 10c/20c table. being super tricky trappy is not gonna work here, the best play is ABC tight poker, valuebetting hands when you hit.

say he is playing about 15% of his hands, and it is edited (!!!!!), how many hands are gonna show up on the final screening, not many.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

His fold of qq was easy,

[/ QUOTE ]

jman says in his post that he wishes there was a game where he and the other internet pros can use their reading and poker acumen to play. so if these internet guys are such good readers and thinkers... why run away from this hand. i would think that the correct play in that situation would be to raise sammy... but i'm not the internet god that you all worship so i'll stay at my live table.

[/ QUOTE ]

that would actually be by far the worst play, so its probably in your best interest to stay at your live table honestly
Old 10-23-2007, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Brandon Adams was also was ABUSED last night but, he at least tried to mix it up ,opening some funky hands,but was constantly re-raised bigtime by SF, folding every time except his KK hand to the other nit J.Harman

I mean he never played back at him ONCE!

Whatever the reason was ,dont use the "they only show so many hands" excuse.There was probably 8-10 hrs of realtime play the last two episodes.

Your telling me couldnt make any moves/pick any good spots, over that period of time,with a hand worthy of making the TV cut?

How can one play at the highest nose-bleed stakes online,and fold hand after hand after hand,where even Gabe Kaplan was punishing him as well,after each fold

Pleeeeeeze....IMO he was either financially/emotionally over his head,or he just plain choked!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL at this post. You raise 89, Sammy makes it 20K, what are you suppose to do? Make it 80K? You cant play back at someone that will call so wide. You just have to wait.

But then again, Im talking to someone that plays any ace for any amount.

I doubt Brandon was in over his head. If so he got over the fear pretty quickly considering he was playing Sammy and a couple of others 1/2/4 Uncapped NL in Bobby's Room and doing well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume you are reffering to me playing any Ace,but either way I could care less what you think...and if I was getting run over the way they were getting embarassed...I would have stuffed my whole stack $100k(is that what he started with anyway?) in the middle with literally ATC after being raised/re-raised so often at some point

It seems now that Jman was "trying" to make his BR last untill day 2,so he bought in light?...lol...what a [censored] joke.Thats what I call scared money my friends

Aint NO WAY ,I am getting run over by Eli,Sammy,or whoever...and am I certainly not going to embarass myself folding hand after hand after hand,and listen to that crap after everyone fianlly see's the show that was SOOO highly anticipated

With their images alone they had built up...the whole table folds everything except AA or KK,so there HAD to be spots to pick up some $$$ over those 6-8 hrs of hands to adjust accordingly

I mean please ,at some time you gotta just take stand

And you say.."but Jman said he won $20K"...is a joke and embarrasing that he would even admit based on those stakes in a game like this.If you consider +$20k being a victory,then you have NO idea about LIVE HS DEEPSTACK poker.

These internet guys are used to playing with only 100BB at nose-bleed levels,are re-loading many times,some of their hero plays become standard...but playing that DEEP is totally diff animal, against FEARELESS individuals.

Whether they(Sammy,Eli,etc) are "good or not or totally SUCK as most say" is a totally irrelevent,as they have been around for years with alot of money,and seem to get the best of EVERY newcomer that sits down.

Again enough of the cheerleading guys...your hero's were a BUST,and played like pansies way over their heads!

Go back to to the internet!

**** and BTW I have played with Brandon at Foxwoods,and he is a Great LIVE player,def. better than he appeared on TV.Last weeks episode he was abit more timid...this week he seemed to "try" and mix it up,but just never played back at Sammy to get anything going,Whether he was playing scared or not the last two episodes I have no idea...I do know he has played in some BIG games in the past without fear IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

erm it was probably like less than 50 hands, so if you think $$ results matter over that sample, hell if you dont consider $20k to be a good earn for 50 hands of these stakes, you are just another live pro who will never understand why everyone says you're terrible.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For years now we have been subjected to the 2+2 fanboys being critical of anything and everything ME winners (except Raymer) and anyone who has been on TV except when one of their own makes an appearance. Then the manlove takes over and these guys sound like they are defending their girlfriends.

Adams played fine. From the hands they showed on TV he tried several times to get involved but was pushed out. Having Sammy on your left sucks if you push early with mediocre cards.

Galfond was out of his league. The table all but said that to him after having to watch him fold time and time again. Hell, even Mr. "I want to be known as the world's best bluffer" got away with a couple bluffs and Jennifer Harman, who is about as nitty in this group as anyone else, mixed it up to win a couple pots.

I'm sure he is a nice guy and I'm sure he crushes the Internet but he was simply out of his depth at that table. It's happened to several others. But arguing that point on this site is pointless since it only riles up the partisan fanboys.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha yes he was outclassed in 50 hands of poker. Just a thought for the "why dont these LAGgy online pros pull any crazy moves in these games against real pros?" camp: maybe because most of these players are clueless stations and shouldnt be bluffed all that often? People hailing all live pros as great players should watch what happens when a most pros play in any game 5/10+ (hell prob 2/4+) online.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For years now we have been subjected to the 2+2 fanboys being critical of anything and everything ME winners (except Raymer) and anyone who has been on TV except when one of their own makes an appearance. Then the manlove takes over and these guys sound like they are defending their girlfriends.

Adams played fine. From the hands they showed on TV he tried several times to get involved but was pushed out. Having Sammy on your left sucks if you push early with mediocre cards.

Galfond was out of his league. The table all but said that to him after having to watch him fold time and time again. Hell, even Mr. "I want to be known as the world's best bluffer" got away with a couple bluffs and Jennifer Harman, who is about as nitty in this group as anyone else, mixed it up to win a couple pots.

I'm sure he is a nice guy and I'm sure he crushes the Internet but he was simply out of his depth at that table. It's happened to several others. But arguing that point on this site is pointless since it only riles up the partisan fanboys.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha yes he was outclassed in 50 hands of poker. Just a thought for the "why dont these LAGgy online pros pull any crazy moves in these games against real pros?" camp: maybe because most of these players are clueless stations and shouldnt be bluffed all that often? People hailing all live pros as great players should watch what happens when a most pros play in any game 5/10+ (hell prob 2/4+) online.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree whole heartedly.

pretty much only phil ivey has actually won online out of the big name pro's

helmuth has lost
negreanu has lost
mattusow has lost
tony G has lost
hansen has lost
benyamine has lost

etc.

Jman has won big on the net at the highest limits. if you read his report it should be clear that he thought it was the most profitable game he had played in all year, i cannot believe how many people said he was out of his depth. what do you expect him to do exactly?