Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 09:25 AM

Default Girls and the \"friends zone\"

Basically I like this girl but I am pretty sure that I am in the "friends zone" with her.

She knows that I like her, and she has told me that she thinks I am cute and that she is attracted to me, but that she sees me as more of a friend. Also, she is kinda liking this other guy right now.

What is your guys experience with the friends zone? Do I have any chance with her or should I just try and move on?
Old 10-05-2006, 09:30 AM

Default Re: Girls and the \"friends zone\"

1) bad post

2) she's never going to [censored] you

3) move on
Old 10-05-2006, 09:31 AM

grab her breast than she will think you are a pig and fall in love with you. trust me.
Old 10-05-2006, 09:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1) bad post

2) she's never going to [censored] you

3) move on

[/ QUOTE ]

4) ...
5) profit
Old 10-05-2006, 09:33 AM

Dearest ______,

Do you like like me?

[ ] Yes
[ ] No

Watching you from the back row,
Biesterfield
Old 10-05-2006, 09:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
... and she has told me that she thinks I am cute and that she is attracted to me, but that she sees me as more of a friend.

[/ QUOTE ]
Let me translate that from womanish to english for you. She said:
"There's no way I'm gonna bang you. Ever. Even if we were the last two people alive, and the future of humankind depended on us having sex, I'd rather find a goat, ice bear, or unicorn to do me."

The nice words like "friend" and other compliments are only icing for the bitter pill.
Old 10-05-2006, 09:43 AM

1. Have her help you meet girls.
2. Make her jealous.
3. Profit.

Even if step two doesn't work out, you still get girls. Everybody wins!
Old 10-05-2006, 09:54 AM

1)Girls do this to cater to their own egos. Having guy friends who want them make them feel attractive. Bear this in mind.
2)You are completely screwed with this girl and should move on, unless you really enjoy the friendship on its own merits. Truth be told, I think you'll find the wind going out of your sails when you realize she's not going to ever want you as more than a friend.
3)The only way out of the zone is if you call her out on calling you attractive but not wanting to ruin the friendship. The whole "I don't want to ruin the friendship" may be the biggest line of [censored] in the world. Tell her to her face that it is BS. Make reference to the friend zone and how you're in it. I'm not saying you'll get anywhere, but if you call her out on her [censored] and shake her up, you MIGHT(probability = 1% or less) get a favorable reaction. Or...you'll piss her off/creep her out...but at least it'll be something different.
4)The best thing to do is run, run, run from this girl, since you obviously don't want to be in the friend zone.
5)This advice is from a guy who hasn't gotten any in a couple of years, so take it for what it is.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:00 AM

Just leave it be for now. Wait til this other guy screws up and when she is feeling vunerable - pounce! Then post with pics on OOP.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:06 AM

This is easy. Tell her that you like her a lot, and you can't be friends with her anymore because it's too hard for you. Say it matter-of-factly and don't do it in a way that makes you look like you are trying to make her feel sorry for you. Make sure she understands that you regret the situation, but also be totally firm. Also, emphasize that you have enjoyed her friendship.

This gives you a good shot of her calling you 1-2 days later and talking to you about it after thinking the situation over. When she calls you, ask her on a D-A-T-E.

There's also the possibility that she just lets you go. BTW, I got this tid-bit from David. Supposedly, it's Mat's origin story [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
Closed Thread