Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-25-2007, 02:52 PM

Default Learn, Chat & Jail with the Pros (part 3)

Over the next few days (i dont know the exact date) Bodog will announce that Jamie Gold is no longer a rep for their site. This has nothing to do with the court case involving him and Crespin Leyser. It has everything to do with the current political/legislative poker environment. Bodog is planning to leave the US market which is why they announced- about a month ago- that they have pulled ALL United
States advertising: all tv; all magazine; all radio; all newspaper. Thus they no longer need Jamie Gold, who was never very popular and never did anything for Bodogs' bottom line even when he was incorporated into their advertising campaign. This is just the beginning of the end for the era of the sponsored pro. Other sponsored pros will be given the boot and no more new sponsorships will be granted for United States pros. Watch Bodog also give the boot to Williams, Josh and probably Evelyn(though she may have some use in the Asian markets). Stars, UB and of course Full Tilt will begin unloading pros over time as the feds put more and more pressure on them and their business income goes down and down. Furthermore, as I have predicted in my previous posts here, the feds will begin going directly after the top pros who receive financial compensation from the sites. Remember it is completely illegal for any United States citizen to receive any type of financial compensation from a business the United States considers an illegal business entity. And that is exactly what the sponsored pros are doing.