Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 11:35 AM

Default POKERSTARS has just let my $300 check i sent them get stolen!!

I know this post sounds crazy and i'm in shock as well but its true. Pokerstars has let my $300 dollar registered mail cashier's check get stolen after they received it no less and now act they dont give a heck if i got ripped off or not!!!!!!

Whats the name of the online gaming counsel?? Looking for help to get my money back.

I am still awaiting support at pokerstars to even give me a decent response as to how a REGISTERED mail check i sent them got stolen after THEY handled it. As explained below.

About 2 1/2 months ago i went to local post office, paid $11 bucks to send a registered mail check to them, was received on june 26th by support as i got a letter from support@pokerstars telling me that i had put the wrong payee and they were sending the check back to me so i could put the correct payee on the check. ok.

WELL, after literally 2 MONTHS of waiting they finally responed to my last email and said that in fact somebody by the name of A.Lewis, THATS NOT ME!!, had someone gotten his hands on my $300 check and had ILLEGALLY cashed MY CHECK on June 7th .. 9 days after they received it. and MY money SOMEHOW went into his/ her account..NOT MINE!!

So this A. Lewis had someone gotten my check.. somehow took off my signature i guess and cashed after pokerstars received it!!

So therefore pokerstars is to blame for them to receive my check and then let it get stolen..after it was suppossed to simply be mailed back!! AND ITS BEEN 2 DAYS NOW AND SUPPORT HAS NOT EVEN SENT ME AN EMAIL BACK AS TO WHAT THEY ARE DOING ABOUT THIS!! They have not even told me they would reimburse me for their mistake!! They basically dont care my money got stolen after they received it!! I can't belive i am writing about this but its true. It's so irresponsible/ scandalous on their end!! yeh pokerstars no less!!

All they do is send me their .. F U.. email back saying.."we have sent to this the correct dept.. and then NOBODY GETS BACK TO ME.. I have asked them to call me to explain to me what is going and the won't do that!! I'm very frustrated that they would let someone steal my $300 check i sent to them.. and then act like its not big deal as well .. and not even say they will reimburse me for POKERSTARS MISTAKE.

Can u all belive this is happening?? mike

below are copies of emails from support.. they just act like its my fault or something.. CUZ they don't just act like its not a big deal.. and barely respond to my emails about this matter.. like who cares??

Hello Michael,

Thank you for writing.

Please note that we have returned your cheque since it was payable to the
wrong payee, therefore we were unable to process it. It was mailed back on
June 26, and it might take from 3-5 bussiness days to be delivered. Once
you receive it, please make sure it is payable to xxx.

If you have further questions, please let us know.

Regards,

Stephanny
PokerStars Support Team

AND THEN THE EMAIL ABOUT HOW BASICALLY A.LEWIS STOLE MY CHECK!! THIS IS CRAZY!!

Hello Michael,

I can confirm that your cheque was received and signed for on the 28th
June 07 by A. Lewis.

Regards,

Steven
PokerStars Support Team

HA HA .. REGARDS.. THATS ALL HE SAYS AS IF HE SHOULD NOT ASK EVEN IF MY CHECK HAS GOTTEN STOLEN??? WHAT GREAT SERVICE THERE POKERSTARS!!
Old 07-24-2007, 11:51 AM

Default Re: POKERSTARS has just let my $300 check i sent them get stolen!!

Can a Mod please edit the above post to remove the company name that the check is to be made payable to which is a part of the first email correspondence quoted....
Old 07-24-2007, 12:01 PM

Sounds pretty cut and dry that PS owes you $300. The received and signed for the check, then it gets cashed and no funds go into your account. It really sounds incredible, and I hope once they get their footing and figure out what's happening they can fix this.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:04 PM

What amazes me is just how lax they are about this.. u think in a situation like this they could maybe CALL ME.. for a minute to explain things.. but they just act like they dont care at all .. and send me emails saying they have sent this to the correct dept and THEN NOBODY GETS BACK TO ME in reasonable time!! I'VE BEEN WAITING 2 DAYS NOW FOR ANY RESPONSE! I think they just deleted my emails and hope i dont' care if i got RIPPED OFF BY THEIR MISHANDLINGS!!

Also by the way.. I got dates confused on my post above..
my check was cashed by this scammer/ A.Lewis two days after they were suppossed to mail it back to me .. on the 28th... as emails from support state.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What amazes me is just how lax they are about this.. u think in a situation like this they could maybe CALL ME.. for a minute to explain things.. but they just act like they dont care at all .. and send me emails saying they have sent this to the correct dept and THEN NOBODY GETS BACK TO ME in reasonable time!!

my check was cashed by this scammer/ A.Lewis two days after they were suppossed to mail it back to me .. on the 28th... as emails from support state.

[/ QUOTE ]

What amazes me is you created this account this morning just to post this. I call shenanigans on the whole thing.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:14 PM

uhh no i got the registered mail check numbers/ receipt to prove all of this is true. that i did in fact send this check at my local post office...

As if somebody stealing / forging a check is unbelieavable.

I'm not here to fight about if this is real.. I'm here to find help as to what i can to make sure i dont get ripped off here and RIGHTFULLY get my $300 bucks back. Thats all i want at this point!! This sucks so bad and i'm very frustrated / mad at this point.

I am trying to get Pokerstars to STEP UP and finally give me a good response as to what might have happnened here and explain how somebody else got my check after they received it on the 26th of June and were suppossed to send it back to me.

Its now been two days since i found out it was indeed cashed somehow by someone else and pokerstars hardy seems to care.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:58 PM

Stop Payment??
Old 07-24-2007, 01:13 PM

I'm not sure I understand.

PS mailed back your check on the 26th.
A.Lewis cashed your check on the 28th.

How would PS know who or when your check got cashed if they mailed it back?

Seems like someone could have stolen it from you or your mailbox and cashed it, which would not be the fault of PS.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What amazes me is just how lax they are about this.. u think in a situation like this they could maybe CALL ME.. for a minute to explain things.. but they just act like they dont care at all .. and send me emails saying they have sent this to the correct dept and THEN NOBODY GETS BACK TO ME in reasonable time!! I'VE BEEN WAITING 2 DAYS NOW FOR ANY RESPONSE! I think they just deleted my emails and hope i dont' care if i got RIPPED OFF BY THEIR MISHANDLINGS!!

[/ QUOTE ]

i wouldn't gamble dude, sounds like you are a litte wound up and this $300 means a little too much to you. i'm confident that stars will clear this up with you.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:21 PM

If OP mails a check to pokerstars and they mail back the same check how the hell would they know that A. Lewis cashed the check [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Closed Thread