Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: If you even look at my kids, I might throw you a beating.
Yes 1 2.08%
No 47 97.92%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-06-2007, 01:01 PM

Default Re: Will you keep your Sharkscope stats public?

just another reason to play more at FT
Old 08-06-2007, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have been paying for it and I find it a very useful tool especially for buy ins between 16s and 60s to a certain extent I consider it a ROI maximizer.

Actually although most of the players here seem being neutral to it I would like to remind of how many times reads are expressed in the form of "unknown winning player", "regular losing player", "unknown who was winning at lower buy in".

Those reads come from sharkscope and have been part of discussions and certainly part of the decision process for a specific move.

I am not entering into PS decision to stop providing datas, this is another subject, what I believe is that whoever (at the buy ins mentioned before) in this forum did not use it left apart a big benefit to his game.

I make an example: yestrday I was 12 tabling 60s and on 7 tables I had a guy, what would it be your standard read on the guy? REGULAR; how would you adapt your game? shoving tighter and calling wider right? WRONG! I sharkscoped him and he was yes a regular, but a regular losing player who lost 6k in 2k games.

Now would somebody tell me how in the future would you differ a winning regular to a losing one?

Bottom line: I will stop paying for sharkscope because it will be useless and I did not decide yet whether I will opt in or out, I am pretty sure I like people folding to my raises.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sharkscope is a pretty [censored] way to get a read. Understanding playing styles is way more important that knowing if they are are up or down money. If someone is in 7 of your games at once you should get a decent sample in PT very quickly. PT and PAHUD are vastly superior to sharkscope for SNG reads.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Sharkscope is a pretty [censored] way to get a read. Understanding playing styles is way more important that knowing if they are are up or down money. If someone is in 7 of your games at once you should get a decent sample in PT very quickly. PT and PAHUD are vastly superior to sharkscope for SNG reads.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is true t the extent you are willing to dedicate lot of time in order to study your opponents, but you have to be very serious about it and I don't think you can do it unless poker is your job.

SS is instead giving a very good idea of what you can expect from a losing player and I usually, with a decent accuracy, split them in 2 categories: those with very bad results (ROI -10% and below) are just very bad players who plays a lot early and too much; those with -10%<ROI<0% which are losing the rake usually play badly short handed.

This is usually good enough in terms of time/quality of the read and I certainly had benefit from it.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is true t the extent you are willing to dedicate lot of time in order to study your opponents

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh??

[ QUOTE ]
but you have to be very serious about it and I don't think you can do it unless poker is your job.

[/ QUOTE ]

PAHUD (among others) provides live stats on each and every table and for each and every player. The stats are practically instant, so I'm not sure why one would need "lots of time".
Old 08-06-2007, 05:29 PM

I don't understand why you want to block your stats anyway. especially if you are doing well, I would say the majority of people who use sharkscope are among the better then average players so if your afraid of people not playing against you if you are doing well, wouldn't that mean that the majority of competition you would be losing anyway would be from the better players who use sharkscope. The bad players for the most part just play and dont use sharkscope so it really won't have any effect.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just another reason to play more at FT

[/ QUOTE ]

FT is a rockgarden now. lets all go back to stars...
Old 08-06-2007, 06:12 PM

shark scopes not THAT good imo, i tend to use it more on myself and friends