Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2007, 03:58 PM

Default Re: AKs

OP, I think you played it fine and the pot is too big on the river for you to fold without having any particular strong read on the villian. Your 15 hands maybe too small a sample size. Did you happen to see any hands the villain showed down in previous hands?

Preflop - standard, obv.

Flop - the board is kind of coordinated with the 2 clubs, and gutshot draw, but you have TOP PAIR TOP KICK. Your hand definitely has showdown value, but you'll need to protect your hand and try to eliminate some players. Your flop raise eliminates the button, but UTG+1 is cold calling both of you. I'd be putting on UTG+1 on a draw or a mediocre holding hoping to spike two pair. SB, has been meeting your aggression with aggression. Range for SB could include nut flush draw or pair with NFD - A9, A9o Kx K9 K2 K10 KJ KQ 92 - let alone suited K of clubs, top pair, clubbed J10 QJ Q10..I can't see SB simply calling OOP with AKc...maybe he hit a set of 22? I'm leaning towards the SB playing a scared King or pushing the flush draw. I'm sure he also doesn't want to see the club show up on the board...With that said, you got 3 players heading into the turn, UTG+1 cold calling the whole way. I'd be looking for a safe card on the turn.

Turn - 6h can't have really helped either SB or UTG+1. SB donks into you, good thing is that UTG+1 leaves a 10.5BB pot. I like the raise as I still think you may be ahead, but the pot is getting pretty big. Notice that the SB just calls your raise on the turn. If he was milking a set or two pair, I'd think that he'd be raising. I'm now putting him on a scared King, or the flush draw for sure.

River - good news is that the flush draw didn't hit. Bad news is that the board is paired. I think you're either way ahead or way behind. Can you picture the SB going hyper aggressive on the flop with just a duece? I've seen some weird stuff at Micro Limit, but I put this in the possibly doubtful category. But he's donking into you again. Bad time for a bluff..Maybe he flopped a set of 9s or 2s and has a boat/quads...or maybe, just maybe, has AA.
I'd be calling the river easily getting ~15:1. Rake in your pot with villain mucking top pair, or cry when villain flips over 99,k9 or better.

Just my opinion on the hand. But as played, I'd call the river.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:31 PM

Default Re: Translating Plays

Here's how you translate this hand into English:

[ QUOTE ]

<font color="red">SB bets</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

"I'm donking the PFR on a K-high, mostly dry flop. I have something - but right now, you don't know what I have - it could be anything from a draw to a strong made hand, to everything in between."

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="red">Hero raises</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

"I have a pair of Kings with a good kicker or better."

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="red">SB 3-bets</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

"I have a single pair of kings beat. Or I have a pair and a very strong draw."

Now then, when you say this...

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="red">Hero caps</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

and he replies with...

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="red">SB bets</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

this means your hand is no good or he is insane. You should be done with raising this hand.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:33 PM

Did SB have 9's full, or quads?
Old 07-12-2007, 06:12 PM

Ok thx all for posting.
I know that result dont matter, but after all this post i think that i can tell that SB has KTs (villian is insane or not? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])
Old 07-12-2007, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok thx all for posting.
I know that result dont matter, but after all this post i think that i can tell that SB has KTs (villian is insane or not? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

[/ QUOTE ]

if KcTc very aggro but not all that surprising imo
Old 07-12-2007, 07:06 PM

*grunch*

Maybe I'm just getting loopy from playing too much micro stakes, but I tend to give people less credit then I used to. I've seen people do this with weaker kings in this situation. I don't know if I raise the turn, his donking of it would make me nervous. With no read I'd probably just call down the turn and river, losing myself the minimum if I'm beat, and sacrificing potential equity on this hand that I'm hoping to gain later by learning what kind of hand they are playing that aggressively. I think that a pair and a flush draw is the most likely holding for the villain.

*grunch over*

Hey, I was right! Maybe my brain isn't as addled as I thought. So I would have won less on this hand then you, and would make note that this player plays big draws aggressively and continues betting even if he doesn't make the big draw he is shooting for. I see people doing this stuff all the time, I don't think the flop action is THAT crazy, but leading both the turn (then getting raised) AND the river when you aren't likely to be folding anything and your flop action telling him he's beat seems a little spewy in my opinion
Old 07-12-2007, 07:07 PM

Call.

He who cappeth flop and donketh twice more usually have better than TPTK in my experience.