Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2007, 01:03 PM

Default Re: Loyal player - DONE with UB

Your rant about giving up your ID is not well founded. Every week somebody complains about this aspect of online gaming. Certainly you have seen others whine about this.

By this time, even a five-year old should realized that to cash-out money, a player may need to provide certain documents via fax.

Not playing at the site because they ask for it is not hurting the site, it is only hurting yourself. If you wish to be a masochist, that is your choice, but again, even a five-year old should realize that it makes no sense to hurt yourself.

Beyond that, nobody here is impressed that you are outraged and won't play at the site you love because their rules have changed.

Personally, every single day that I am able to play poker and win/earn my living from the comfort of my home I am thrilled.

Life is short, enjoy yourself and (good advice for myself also coming up) don't take every little setback so seriously.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 03-08-2007, 01:21 PM

Agreed, I remember the first time i went through the fax in info crap, ah well...eventually when online poker gets back in full main stream, i hope all the sites require proper id, it promotes responsible gaming...how many 16 year olds do you know who play?
Old 03-08-2007, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
UB still has the best software in the industry by far. Would take a lot more than this to make me quit them.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's fast, but that's about all it has going for it. Having to manually open the hh window and reopen it every 100 hands tilts me so hard.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
UB still has the best software in the industry by far. Would take a lot more than this to make me quit them.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's fast, but that's about all it has going for it. Having to manually open the hh window and reopen it every 100 hands tilts me so hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

many ways around this
Old 03-08-2007, 01:56 PM

First, you all are such a bunch of pricks, really.

TCB: There have been several cases recently of people getting access to other people's accounts and dumping the contents of those accounts to a 3rd person, who then presumably tries to withdraw it. So a security delay when you try to take everything out all at once can be considered legitimate. In your case however, it probably isn't (especially if you haven't had alot of activity on your account recently). Hang in there, you will get your money after some hoop-jumping. Be prepared to wait for that check though (2-6 weeks maybe). I use the "courier" checks which used to be overnight (and free), but now cost $25 and are sent via airmail from Germany. Total time from initiation of cashout to check delivery takes 1-2 weeks.

As other people have said, in a prickfull manner, you will face this same problem anywhere else now.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:42 PM

They should have sent an email IMO thats bad business to make you go looking into it to find out theres something else they want.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:23 AM

Where is the problem? No scanner? Poker4ever (a very small site) demanded copies of ID-card and credit card for account opening and the same copies again, when I made my 3rd withdrawal within 6 months ( credit card was not expired). Ok, they got it, and I got my money.