Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2007, 02:31 AM

Default selling my shares off on elimated contestants on WSEX

How do I get rid of my worthless shares under my futures positions report? Thnx... =D
Old 03-03-2007, 04:05 AM

Default Re: selling my shares off on elimated contestants on WSEX

Sell them off at zero. If that doesn't work, you may need to e-mail them and sell them off at 1, but then they convert them to zero.

If you're talking about completely not seeing them, even though you have zero shares left, you can't change that. They will stay on there a long time, perhaps not until the market is closed out. So you have to live with seeing those positions listed.
Old 03-03-2007, 06:53 AM

thnx for the info... i'll just let it be.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:13 PM

why would you want to? didn't one contestant get eliminated and got reprieved to end up in second place one year?
Old 03-03-2007, 03:38 PM

Not that I remember. Somebody got reprieved to make the finals, but didn't go far.

And yes, I don't deal with this b/c hopefully I have few worthless positions, but the ones I do have, I just keep in case something screwy happens. No reason to sell them off at zero just for the sake of doing it. That's why I wasn't absolutely positive about the zero or 1 sell price, I remember people had slight difficulty with it last year.

People who short actively would know the answer to this, since they need to buy back at zero, in order to free up their funds. It's counter-intuitive to short, and fewer people do it, but there's a lot of money to be made there. More than buying the winner, if you do it correctly.

This should be obvious, since there's less vig on the selling short side than the buy side.