Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 10:37 PM

Default Re: Gulf Coast Poker Championship (WPT)

[ QUOTE ]
i live in the state capital of donkeys. florida

[/ QUOTE ]

Naw, Florida USED to be the state capital of Donkeys, then you got NL poker.

Now, Colorado has that honor (complete with 5 buck max bet 5/5 Limit Dealers Choice Bingo/Lotto, No Fold 'em Hold 'em poker).
Old 09-04-2007, 11:33 PM

Just got back and I have to say Johnny has done a hell of a job. Tournaments were very well run and Johnny's half-funny final table jokes were......well.....almost funny. I never introduced myself but I was the guy hassling you on Thursday about not being able to use the tournament entry chips for the second chance tourney, but you got that changed. Great staff, amazing property and pretty good food. A+ all around.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:33 AM

Glad you guys got a good impression of the tournament. Not being cheesy, but if the players think the event is a success, then it's a success.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:35 AM

Well KidCornelia must have been ecstatic when they called right? That's exactly what he wanted...they made huge mistakes in that hand by calling so much as a HUGE underdog...if the cards don't fall right that's poker. But getting your opponents to make huge mistakes like that is a good thing.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:23 AM

yeah, of course I was ecstatic, right up until the ace fell on the river and that moron started dancing! I shoved 4500 into the ~600 pot because I knew nobody had 10 8 and I put the Original raiser on either an over pair or possibly a big suited ace and wanted him to commit his entire stack if he had the diamond draw. I put the guy to my right on either an under set (7's or 9's) or a big diamond draw raise in which he would have to (or figure to) lay it down for his whole stack. If he had the bottom or middle set then he might put me on a diamond draw shove and call which is exactly what happened although he said he put me on 10 8 suited and called anyway because the pot was so big and he thought he was good if the board paired.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:36 AM

I just wanted to reiterate what a great job Johnny, Bev, Chris et al did with the tournament and satellites. If I had one suggestion, it would be food specifically for the tournament players. Nevertheless, everything went very smoothly. I only hope that I will get to hear Johnny announce my name at next year's final table.

PS - Johnny, let Patrick deal the final table. He's the best dealer you have.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:05 PM

I just got back from a little 3-day stint trying to qualify for the main event. Had a blast even though I didn't make it in. The room was very nice and I thought everything was very well-organized.

I played 2-5 NL side games and they were very soft. I donked off $400 to Moneymaker early Thursday morning. He was cool even to the shitbird from Lafayette who kept harassing him.

So "hey, I played with a world champion."

Thanks Johnny, you done good, as they say in MS.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:27 PM

lol 2-5 PLO.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah, of course I was ecstatic, right up until the ace fell on the river and that moron started dancing! I shoved 4500 into the ~600 pot because I knew nobody had 10 8 and I put the Original raiser on either an over pair or possibly a big suited ace and wanted him to commit his entire stack if he had the diamond draw. I put the guy to my right on either an under set (7's or 9's) or a big diamond draw raise in which he would have to (or figure to) lay it down for his whole stack. If he had the bottom or middle set then he might put me on a diamond draw shove and call which is exactly what happened although he said he put me on 10 8 suited and called anyway because the pot was so big and he thought he was good if the board paired.

[/ QUOTE ]

How good a player do you have to be to lay down middle set here? I'm certainly not good enough.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:49 AM

Respect to "The Stunning One", Bill Edler!

The most amazing "chip and a chair" comeback since Jack Strauss!