Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 07:46 PM

Default Re: lolz super accountz

Where exactly did this excel file (the one with IP's, emails, AP user id's etc) that Nat talks about come from? Have read through the thread (and tried to read that thing on p5's but my eyes exploded) but don't get it.

[ QUOTE ]
how do you raise 40 to 40?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cos you're raising the blinds and that's how the HHs work LDO

It seems obvious that in a tournament of this size comprimising peoples individuals computers is out of the question which ofc isnt out of the question in terms of compromising a few high stakes players computers who frequent irc/aim ( the backstreet transexual bars of the internet ).

It also seems unlikely that AP have a superuser account built in, that just seems like suicide security.

The most logical answer is that their servers are compromised and the individual in question is simply viewing the transmitted hole cards for select tables.

The other point is that the early account number probably indicates an old test account or such that is being used to grab relevant usernames to find tables in tournaments.

Probably a disgruntled and/or needy programmar who coded the AP client/security modules and is making bank yo.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:48 PM

good job nat/snaggle/waco,

just wondering what the chances are that this is going on at other sites? and what are the odds of a random player being affected by this?
Old 10-14-2007, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
NAT, can you clarify something for me? You say there are 2 guys with identical IPs...and then you say that ONE of these guys is the mysterious observer who seems to have Potripper's table open for the entire tourney.

1. Who is the OTHER guy with the same IP address? Is it Potripper himself? e.g. do Potripper and the mysterious Absolute ID363 observer have the same IP address?

2. If not, where in the world is Potripper playing from?

I'm trying to understand just what the significance is of these 2 people having the same IP address.

-- one more thing to consider: one wonders why the mysterious observer even logged into Absolute in the first place, instead of just opening the software and observing the table...seems to suggest that whatever backdoor he is using to view hole cards requires that he be logged in. Don't know if that's important or not, but probably something u smart guys have already thought about.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason for using another account is that if you have software installed thats recieving holecard info you wouldnt want it installed on the pc you're playing from, you'd do it from a second pc from an account thats not playing in the tournament - its much harder to detect that way.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
NAT, can you clarify something for me? You say there are 2 guys with identical IPs...and then you say that ONE of these guys is the mysterious observer who seems to have Potripper's table open for the entire tourney.

1. Who is the OTHER guy with the same IP address? Is it Potripper himself? e.g. do Potripper and the mysterious Absolute ID363 observer have the same IP address?

I'm trying to understand just what the significance is of these 2 people having the same IP address.

-- one more thing to consider: one wonders why the mysterious observer even logged into Absolute in the first place, instead of just opening the software and observing the table...seems to suggest that whatever backdoor he is using to view hole cards requires that he be logged in. Don't know if that's important or not, but probably something u smart guys have already thought about.

[/ QUOTE ]

We don't have Potripper's IP unless Potripper is user #363, which he's almost certainly not. The answer to your question is that #363 is the hole card cam account, which the cheater was logged into at the same time as Potripper.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
One observer has table 13 open the entire event (that we have a record of). The other one briefly opens table 9. I think the table 13 guy is the one giving hole card info out. Or he is somehow the inside guy. The IP address and user id number make it even more likely

[ QUOTE ]
1. Who is the OTHER guy with the same IP address?

[/ QUOTE ]
I wish I knew

[ QUOTE ]
Is it Potripper himself?

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe. I did speculate about that possibility earlier. It might be in the other big BBV AP thread that's going now.

[ QUOTE ]
e.g. do Potripper and the mysterious Absolute ID363 observer have the same IP address?

[/ QUOTE ]
We don't know. But user id 363 and the other guy who *could* be POTRIPPER do have the same IP. It's just that 363 aroused suspicion and there happened to be another observer clicking on tables from the same IP (although clicking in very limited fashion).

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
There's no way to know.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
One of them has a number of strikes against him and is almost certainly involved somehow. The other guy is using the same IP address and therefore probably knows the first guy somehow.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea, it sounds like he probably did have to be logged in. And I think this guy was sharing the hole cards with POTRIPPER, wherever POTRIPPER was playing from. I suspect it could be the other guy who popped up for a few seconds, but maybe not.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where exactly did this excel file (the one with IP's, emails, AP user id's etc) that Nat talks about come from? Have read through the thread (and tried to read that thing on p5's but my eyes exploded) but don't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The runner up in the tournament, a player called Marco, was upset by losing to a call by 10-high.

He emailed Absolute Poker to complain, who sent him the file.

This file was sent before the blow up of attention about cheating at Absolute Poker.

[ QUOTE ]
just wondering what the chances are that this is going on at other sites?

[/ QUOTE ]
There is no evidence that this is happening at other sites.

[ QUOTE ]
and what are the odds of a random player being affected by this?

[/ QUOTE ]
Chance at Absolute Poker: High

Chance elsewhere: Practically insignificant
Old 10-14-2007, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if it is an AP insider account (which the low user # suggests) it might just always be logged in.

also, the arrogance with which this was used suggests that they did not expect to get caught. so they wouldnt have thought twice about logging in.

OR, as you suggested, they needed to log in to see the cards. difficult to tell without knowing what sort of account #363 is. Could be an early testing account, the account of a worker at AP, or just a very early players account who looks to be located in Costa Rica.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It also seems unlikely that AP have a superuser account built in, that just seems like suicide security.

[/ QUOTE ]
Emailing this excel file to Marco also seems like suicide security. And it proves there are no limits to how dumb someone can be.
Closed Thread