Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2007, 06:43 PM

Default Re: Why I Despise Bush\'s Presidency.....Rant...

[ QUOTE ]
i LOOOOOVVVEEE president bush!!

are you kidding me?

how much personal enjoyment have you gotten out of his continual idiocy on the television?

how much have you enjoyed jon stuard/colbert etc. (esp. frank caliendo) making fun of the man?

what has that literally cost you in your day to day life?

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

How much does removing $2T from the economy, shipping it over seas, and blowing it up cost me in my day to day life?

Hmm.

Oh, and don't forget about all those kids that got killed. How much did it cost them?

I'm glad to hear you've been enetertained.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:47 PM

Crap, just noticed the glaring typo in the first line of my last post. That should be: "'since the inception of nationalism.'" Brain fart, sorry.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
h. Failure to secure Iraqi ammo depots.

[/ QUOTE ]

People don't seem to understand that Iraq was littered with munitions and I mean this with no hyperbole. In As Samawah you would find 60mm mortar shells cached every 100m north of the Euphrates and we pulled truckload after truckload out of the soccer stadium. In Diwaniyah, we pulled out more truckloads of ammo. In Baghdad, Iraqis told me about Iraqi soldiers driving around before the war kicking AK-47s off the back of a truck saying "Fight the Americans!" There was no way to collect all of this crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true.

Also about 40-50% of the Iraq part of the rant is incorrect but whatever I like the other 50-60% of it. Quick example is the often spoken "mistake" of us disbanding the Iraqi army. They left on their own and there was no option to keep them intact.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It takes a correctly pessamistic view on human nature and you apply a correct and violent response towards those that commit transgressions against you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah all those one million Iraqi civilians who have died from this war all had it coming.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quick example is the often spoken "mistake" of us disbanding the Iraqi army. They left on their own and there was no option to keep them intact.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you seen "No End in Sight"? The senior military and civil leaders in Iraq at the time would vehemently disagree with you. They had been coordinating with senior Iraqi leaders who had accounted for their former troops and were waiting for the word to recall them. The decision to disband the army permanently was made completely by administration men who never stepped foot in Iraq and behind the back of these military and civilian leaders in Iraq who actually learned of it on the news and were outraged at the stupidity of such a move. The resulting insurgency was by no means unxpected by such men and it has played out true to form.

"It was absolutely the wrong decision," said Col. Paul Hughes of the Army, who served as an aide to Jay Garner, a retired three-star general and the first civilian administrator of Iraq. "We changed from being a liberator to an occupier with that single decision,'' he said. "By abolishing the army, we destroyed in the Iraqi mind the last symbol of sovereignty they could recognize and as a result created a significant part of the resistance."
Old 11-18-2007, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

are you kidding me?

how much personal enjoyment have you gotten out of his continual idiocy on the television?

how much have you enjoyed jon stuard/colbert etc. (esp. frank caliendo) making fun of the man?

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]
Level?
Old 11-18-2007, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All this bullcrap about Bush being selected and not elected makes my eyes roll. There were NOT enough 'hanging chads' to give algore Florida.

[/ QUOTE ]
While I do enjoy a good ol' fashion anti-Bush rant I do take acception to this sentence. If you ask anyone who is serious about the 2000 election being handed to Bush in florida I highly doubt any of their reasons they list will be about the hanging chad. If they do it will be somewhere near the bottom. One of the main problems with the Florida election was the mass disenfranchisement of black voters. Those voters would have swung the election, but they were silenced and the re-counts were tarnished.

I doubt anyone wants to re-hash this old topic. If you don't believe the problems of the 2000 election that is one thing. But I just want to make sure you're aware of the real reasons people are up in arms about that whole debacle.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:41 PM

I remember reading somewhere, had a full statewide recount been done properly in regards to correctly counting chads and overvotes/undervotes Gore would have won by a decent margin. Obviously hindsight is 20/20 but why did the Gore Team request such a limited recount?
Old 11-18-2007, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

are you kidding me?

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]
Level?

[/ QUOTE ]

shhhhhh.

you'll make pvn's head asplode

Barron
Old 11-18-2007, 11:17 PM

Kaj,

I haven't seen No End In Sight yet, but how many of the Iraqi Army deserters do you think would have come back if recalled?