Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 08:27 PM

Default Re: Wpt fallsview

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Does any of that make sense???

[/ QUOTE ]

It makes more sense now, but I don't understand one thing: Are you playing 7 levels on day 1a or only as many as are required to reach 100 players or less?

[/ QUOTE ]

We need to have less than 100 players remaining on Day 1a. However long that takes (my guess is 7 levels) we then play that many levels on each of Day 1b and Day 1c. However many players remain after Day 1c will combine and play Day 2 starting at the next level (my guess is level 8). If there is more than 300 people, there might be issues. Balancing the days but having Day 1a slightly fuller makes this less likely to occur and therefore the best way to run things.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:28 PM

You should play a set amount of time, not until a set amount of players are left.

Make the length however long you think is apropriate to have 1 Day 2.

I hope you can see the huge problem there could be if you played down to x amount each day.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Does any of that make sense???

[/ QUOTE ]

It makes more sense now, but I don't understand one thing: Are you playing 7 levels on day 1a or only as many as are required to reach 100 players or less?

[/ QUOTE ]
Pretty sure they are going to try to load Day 1 and fill it up then play as long as it takes to get to X amount of players then replicate the same length in B and C.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope you can see the huge problem there could be if you played down to x amount each day.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you can see the huge problem there would be if we played a set amount of levels each day and not down to numbers that, when combined on day 2, can actually be seated.

If we said we play 6 levels no matter what each of the three day ones, and that left us with a total of more players than we have seats for Day 2, what would we do then?

Let's say we get last year's numbers, 500 to make it easy. We play 200 on Day 1a, 150 Day 1b, 150 Day 1c. With extra players on Day 1a, it will take longer to get under 100 players remaining (let's say 7 levels). That pretty much assures that by playing 7 levels on each of Day 1b and Day 1c, we should have less than 300 total players remaining to play on Day 2 and everyone starts where they left off, beginning on Level 8.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you can see the huge problem there would be if we played a set amount of levels each day and not down to numbers that, when combined on day 2, can actually be seated.

If we said we play 6 levels no matter what each of the three day ones, and that left us with a total of more players than we have seats for Day 2, what would we do then?

Let's say we get last year's numbers, 500 to make it easy. We play 200 on Day 1a, 150 Day 1b, 150 Day 1c. With extra players on Day 1a, it will take longer to get under 100 players remaining (let's say 7 levels). That pretty much assures that by playing 7 levels on each of Day 1b and Day 1c, we should have less than 300 total players remaining to play on Day 2 and everyone starts where they left off, beginning on Level 8.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think what he is suggesting is to just play a longer day 1. If you play to 400/800, level 8, you will be under 100 every day, and about 2/3s of the field would be eliminated. This would allow any number of players under 250 every day and would remove this silly issue.

We already have 6(8) days as is, might as well allow the field to be as big as possible.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:30 AM

I just don't like limiting the field to 3 * number of people on Day 1a, nor the possibility of each day playing a different length.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody know if there is any prelimminary events for fallsview? there is nothing about it on the site

Anybody going? ANybody know how high they spread nl games during the events

[/ QUOTE ]

Im heading out the door in an hour or so to play in the tournament. GL to all but not TOO much [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2007, 10:08 AM

Day 1 is always longer than every other day when there are multiple starting days. Day 1 should be an extra level or two. Just like in the WSOP ME, Day 1 was like 13 hours or something. If they need to make it longer, then go ahead.

I don't see the problem with have more on one starting day as long as on day 2 everyone can be seated.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:31 PM

Does anyone have any extra cash they could trade for online (any site)?? I'm in Niagara headed to Fallsview right now, if anyone can helpp a brother out, PLZZZ send a PM. GL everyone in the trny.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone have any extra cash they could trade for online (any site)?? I'm in Niagara headed to Fallsview right now, if anyone can helpp a brother out, PLZZZ send a PM. GL everyone in the trny.

[/ QUOTE ]

BUSTO!?