[/ QUOTE ]

So sick and so familiar.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:27 PM

Default Re: This is how you burninate a level:

jesus those are nasty
Old 11-08-2007, 08:47 PM

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

I didn't want to make a new thread and seem attention whorish. So i was hoping i could stick this in here and hopefully get some tips if anyone has ideas ( read: sees any obvious leaks =] ) to help improve my winrate @ nl25. My plan is to move up to nl50, but i almost busto'd helping a friend and playing MTTs (suchafish)
My mt ratio is 7.08.
Thanks it is much appreciated.

Old 11-08-2007, 08:54 PM

[x]could have been a full stack

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (9 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($21.10)
Button ($50)
SB ($30.20)
BB ($33.25)
Hero ($56.55)
UTG+1 ($50.95)
MP1 ($96.95)
MP2 ($58.80)
MP3 ($21.90)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises to $5</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $30.5</font>, MP3 calls $16.90 (All-In).

Flop: ($44.55) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Turn: ($44.55) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: ($44.55) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $44.55

Results below:
Hero has Ah Ad (two pair, aces and jacks).
MP3 has As Ac (flush, ace high).
Outcome: MP3 wins $44.55. Hero wins $8.60.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
CDL

sometimes i wonder - but i think when we run bad, we're not necessarily running as bad as we think.

on the flip side, when we're winning (all your flips) and your 80/20s - we don't allcoate enough of those winnings to the fact that we should have 'lost' some of that. So when 88 rivers a 8 to beat my AA... during the bad stretch, we complain about running bad...and wonder whether we can make money or not, but we never consider the fact that when our AA holds up against a donk calling 88 all in preflop...that they would win 20% of the time.

what i'm saying is... maybe attribute your recent 'drought' less to running bad... and focus on how you can play better?

hhaha - i know i'm going to get ridiculed here for being a 100 NL newbie posting a comment like this... but i think that is one thing that separates the great from the good. (P.S. i am ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE... and need to learn how to improve...and hence why i am here)

[/ QUOTE ]

I am always stunned when My AA or KK holds up in the spot you describe, mainly because I come from a cynical SNG background I think.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Serious question. Is it possible to win money when you run bad for extended periods? I'm not talking about AI EV calcs. I'm really thinking that it doesn't matter how good you are. I'm running like [censored] right now and really don't think there is a single person that could run this bad and make money or even breakeven. Serious thoughts please.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it is.

Search for some posts by mid-high stakes limit pros. I know I have rad a few stories about great limit players breaking even over like hundreds of thousands of hands and playing well (reviewing his hands and hired a coach too). It happens to the very best players, so it can happen to any of us schmoes too.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol GM plz dont tell me this was all today

[/ QUOTE ]

last 2 days or so, funny thing is Im still up during that period
Old 11-08-2007, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Serious question. Is it possible to win money when you run bad for extended periods? I'm not talking about AI EV calcs. I'm really thinking that it doesn't matter how good you are. I'm running like [censored] right now and really don't think there is a single person that could run this bad and make money or even breakeven. Serious thoughts please.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it is.

Search for some posts by mid-high stakes limit pros. I know I have rad a few stories about great limit players breaking even over like hundreds of thousands of hands and playing well (reviewing his hands and hired a coach too). It happens to the very best players, so it can happen to any of us schmoes too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think limit is different in that the pots you play are all within a pretty defined range whereas in NL you will play a much larger range of pot sizes. I have been picking up more small and mid size pots during my terrible run. Maybe part out of necessity, maybe part out of no one ever having hands to pay me off when I do flop big. Its not that I'm missing a ton more flops its just that when I hit people instafold to my cbet or fold the turn. When they don't they usually river a flush or straight and I'm sitting there with a set and nothing I can do to get away. Like I can't remember the last pot I've won of over 100 BB at all. Doyle's super system is so [censored] up. Winning the big pots is seriously all that matters. I win more small and medium pots than basically anyone at my table most of the time and then get [censored] by set over set or lose a big AI preflop or get it in with a huge combo draw and don't hit my outs. I'm also on the bad end of 14 of the last 18 coolers. Defined as set over set, not winning with KK or AA after getting it in preflop, or flush over flush (I started keeping track a little while ago because that doesn't show up in EV calcs). I don't count it if the pot is less than 200 BB. That basically means I'm DOWN MORE THAN 10 BIs just from coolers. This is more than my downswing. If I had been on the opposite side of 14 of these 18 in coolers then I would be on a 13 BI upswing instead of 7 BI downswing.

I know I'm just being a bitch in these forums, but really I'm thankful for you all putting up with it, responding, and encouraging me. It has been very helpful. Posting it helps me to not tilt.

Also, I do remember a lot of the times that I suck out. I won 2 times today with a low pp&gt;high pp in donkaments. I lost in 5 of these situations. Many other times (probably 20-25 they went the right way for whoever had the bigger pair).
Old 11-08-2007, 10:28 PM

CDL

It can get much worse.

I'm on my 3rd consecutive month below expectation. And I play a ton.

Good luck.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
CDL

It can get much worse.

I'm on my 3rd consecutive month below expectation. And I play a ton.

Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks, I know it can get much worse. Hope you get on an upswing soon pokerboy. I think EV graphs are useless until they come out with a way to factor in coolers and such too. I mean you can "run" at expectation and get killed if you get set over setted half the time you flop sets. Thats not what is happening to me, but there is more to the story than EV graphs tell. GL though Pokerboy, you'll be fine because you're a grinder. My downswings often last much longer time wise than other people in this forum because I don't put in the hands that they do.

Also, I apologize to those of you that play NL200 in advance. I'm going to be 24 table ratholing those games for at least a few days.
Closed Thread