Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2006, 03:11 PM

Default Re: I have papers to write but who cares...ask me questions about LOST

[ QUOTE ]
rate Jack Sawyer Jin Charlie Boone Michael Eko?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll pass.

Sawyer and Eko are both badass.

Charlie and Michael both suck.

Boone is dead.

Jack needs to grow a pair.

I am eagerly awaiting Jin to pull out some Kung Fu on someone.
Old 03-24-2006, 04:38 PM

In your opinion, what were the three most important plot advancements that happened this week? (Answers do not have to be "clever")
Old 03-24-2006, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In your opinion, what were the three most important plot advancements that happened this week? (Answers do not have to be "clever")

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as the immediate future of the show goes, the decision by Ana Lucia to take action regarding Henry Gale is the most important. Long term, the fact that there is a new pregnant woman on the island could be huge. Will be hard to say until we find out more about why the Others took Claire and her unborn child.

#3? I don't really know if there one. This week was definitely a "filler" episode to set the scene for future events. The ongoing feud between Jack and Locke will have to come to a resolution sooner or later. The fact that Henry is adding fuel to the fire is helping bring things to a head.
Old 03-24-2006, 04:54 PM

Why are the others so interested in taking all the children/babies. We've already seen that there are in fact men and women amongst the others and they seem pretty human so why don't they just make their own babies?
Old 03-24-2006, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why are the others so interested in taking all the children/babies. We've already seen that there are in fact men and women amongst the others and they seem pretty human so why don't they just make their own babies?

[/ QUOTE ]

There have been lots of thoughts thrown around regarding this issue.

First, I'm pretty sure that they are taking babies because they can't make their own.

The children were taken because they are "pure." Almost all of the characters, at least the ones whom we see flashbacks about, have checkered pasts full of immoral decisions and actions. Sawyer and Kate are killers, Jin is a hitman type guy, Eko dealt drugs and killed people, Ana Lucia killed the guy who killed her unborn child, etc etc. The children who are taken by the others (we see this from the people in the back of the plane, with Ana Lucia, Eko, Libby and company) have no such transgressions on their plates.

All of this had led many to believe that the island is some kind of purgatory with the Others deciding who goes and who stays. Its more complex than that, but that is it in general terms.

As far as Claire and her baby...that is a whole different, though likely related, subject. Many think that she was taken so that her child Aaron could be infected by a some sort of disease that will eliminate the LOSTies somewhere in the future. Again, there are more specifics, but I have to go eat some dinner. PM me or ask some more specific things later and I'll respond.
Old 03-24-2006, 05:21 PM

why don't any of the people on the island have children that are not on the island?
Old 03-24-2006, 05:57 PM

I love the show as well and I'll ask several questions if you don't mind.

They're all dead right? I think they sealed the deal with that by having Lock walk after been paralized and the man Jack was jogging with inside the stadium saying, "See you in the next life." during a flashback scene. Or perhaps are the writers now changing the stroy around to suit another ending because they did not believe the public would catch on so quickly?

Although the show is still interesting it has reached a certain point in terms of momentum IMO, do you think the show will continue to "linger around ideas" for a long period of time and then resolve everything in the final few episodes, perhaps years down the line?

Which important character will die next?

Thanks!!
Old 03-24-2006, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why don't any of the people on the island have children that are not on the island?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a great question that I hadn't really thought about. Condoms?
Old 03-24-2006, 07:13 PM

HUGE SPOILER!!! DO NOT HIGHLIGHT IF YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED IN THIS HUGE SPOILER!!!!!

<font color="white">Writers allready came out and stated that Ana Lucia has been written out of the script. They keep adding her, until the neccesary time to kill her off. This might be a part to the season finale. </font>
Old 03-24-2006, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a great question that I hadn't really thought about. Condoms?

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]