Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf

Old 04-29-2007, 12:17 AM

Default Re: What\'d You Shoot Today? (Golf BBV Thread)

GL on that PAT,

(prewarn, brag)
I played 9 with our GM after our city championship today, fired 32(-3)1 par 5 on front and missed 3 birdie putts inside the flagstick, hopefully it will keep up on Monday, we have triple play in the desert(9 BB, 9 scramble, 9 alternate shot)
Old 04-29-2007, 12:36 AM

played the lit course with Ghostface...i shot 35 on those same 9 holes...suckage!
Old 04-29-2007, 02:02 AM

Shot a 107 on my home course.

Not bad for me considering that's my best score there since I started playing 2 years ago and this was my first time out since September.

Crappy course was very wet and it had easily cost me a few strokes and my touch on a few shots was just off so I'm hoping to break 100 real soon.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:14 AM

sry mean
Old 04-29-2007, 03:46 AM

84, pretty average. The first hole I duffed my drive about 40 yards, it barely got past the ladies tees. My next shot I hit a 5 wood about 330 over the green, almost killing some asian lady in the process. Before anyone calls BS on my 330 5 wood it was downhill and downwind, and this thing exploded off the club face.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:45 AM

Tied my best round ever yesterday at Waterview in Rowlett, TX. 5-under 67 with a bogey on the driveable par 4. Super easy course though for me, 5 sets of tees, played one up from tips. I think I had sandwedge into every hole except two. Good luck ghostface!!! I passed a PAT in Phoenix when I was attending SDGA. When in doubt, lay up.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Before anyone calls BS on my 330 5 wood it was downhill and downwind, and this thing exploded off the club face.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know much about physics of golf and stuff, but this implies to me that there is a very good chance your driver off the tee would have gone over the green. Not guaranteed but quite possible, no?
Old 04-29-2007, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
last round: 80 cabo del sol(desert). 4 birdies (3 eagle putts)including the 313yd par 4 3rd. chalk it up to rental clubs/rental putter. won $10 on a $5 nassua which was big money for the guy i was playing w/ from fresno. funny stuff on a course that costs over $200 a round. thats why you cant hustle golf on a golf course.

[/ QUOTE ]
When I played Cabo del Sol the Desert course hadn't opened yet - it was like literally a week or two away, would have been sooner but a hurricane had come through a couple of months earlier and set them back.

It's fair to say the Ocean course is in my top five that I've ever played. Have you played both and if so how well does Desert compare? I can't imagine it's AS good as there are no ocean holes, but plenty of ocean views.
Old 04-29-2007, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tied my best round ever yesterday at Waterview in Rowlett, TX. 5-under 67 with a bogey on the driveable par 4. Super easy course though for me, 5 sets of tees, played one up from tips. I think I had sandwedge into every hole except two. Good luck ghostface!!! I passed a PAT in Phoenix when I was attending SDGA. When in doubt, lay up.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nice round, sheesh.

Regarding PAT, I'm embarrassed to say I had no idea what it was, had to google it. Where did you have yours here in Phoenix and what did you shoot?

From the PGA site:

[ QUOTE ]
The PAT is conducted from the middle tees of the golf course with the flagsticks set on a generally flat area of the green. Although this sounds relatively simple, less than 20% of those taking the test achieve a passing score. If your game is marginal, it is highly recommended that you work diligently on improving prior to registering for the PAT.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-29-2007, 02:00 PM

56/49

10 on the first hole Par-4. 8 on the second hole. First time out this year. Took me a while to figure out how to swing again.