Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 11-27-2007, 02:53 PM

Default Re: Is there anything more ridonkulous than the mid-limits in AC?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Last i checked Bensonhurst was still in brooklyn...

[/ QUOTE ]

3rd, I was trying to protect you. People like nininch know people who know people.

I guess we could hold this cage match in your neighborhood.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bensonhurst is my neighborhood, 65th and 13th Ave,; all my people are either dead or in prison with NO chance of parole. So if its just limit poker, I remain pretty defenseless against you two.

I will be at the Borgata Saturday afternoon, wearing a shirt with a picture of a holdem hand that has a jack of clubs and a king of hearts, that says "Jack-King off"; feel free to target me in the 10/20 game. I am one of the larger targets of late, due to my legendary excesses at the buffet.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you fold every time what is your average BB/hand? I believe it would be -.5 BB. Are you arguing losing .45 BB/hand is worse than losing .5 BB/hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

shhhhhhhh.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you fold every time what is your average BB/hand? I believe it would be -.5 BB. Are you arguing losing .45 BB/hand is worse than losing .5 BB/hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

shhhhhhhh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shhhhhhh
Old 11-27-2007, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I really miss the Borg. This post reminds me of the time when Drew (before he became solid, he was still wasn't so great at reading hands back then - times have changed), Action Bob, hot Lorie and me played 5 way 40/80 vs a series of guys who were sitting at the wrong table. Bob got the worst of it out of the four of us IIRC, but time and time again the 5th player was eaten alive. Ahhhhh the gold old days....

[/ QUOTE ]

Would that be the same session where I couldn't let go of top pair Jacks against hottie Lorie's obvious set of deuces, and ended up catching runner runner Jacks full? Hee hee damn I run gooot. Action Bob runs so bad - he is rock tight but MAN he does he take some horrid beats.

I haven't seen Lorie much lately. I don't miss her action, though I do miss her rack. As for you TT, I miss neither your action nor your rack, though it would be nice if you could drop in and visit us East Coast degenerates from time to time.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who said a word about calling??? Drew discovered that 42s is hugely profitable for 3 bets so i like your chances to pay off that condo in the first session you play.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFLMAO Lenny, why would I ever CALL with ANY hand against you? HA HA reraising you with any 2 cards is a value raise, regardless of position. 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] is invincible, anyway.

Be sure to fill up your gas tank when you get to AC this weekend. That way you can at least get home after I finish check/raising you on ever street. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2007, 02:21 AM

I play a bit of 10-20 at the Borg.
Generally it Plays reasonable but on occasion it gets very loose passive.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Live ogre who happens to be a 2+2er fails to reply to simple logic question but incidentally has posted...

[ QUOTE ]

Besides that, I already wrote a thread about six months back, about sitting down at a table full of two plus two'ers. Where is the value in that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm...
Old 11-28-2007, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Besides that, I already wrote a thread about six months back, about sitting down at a table full of two plus two'ers. Where is the value in that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm...

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. most 2+2'ers are good for the games, you WANT them in your game.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:10 PM

Somewhat related question...

Borg I'm familiar with. Haven't been to the Taj in ages though. Usually only when the old room had a tournament going and lists up the wazoo.

How do the number of the mid-limit games at each compare nowadays? Comparable? Any good or entertaining anecdotal data is fine.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:21 PM

For 20-40 hold 'em, Taj has noticeably better action in my opinion (though the Borg game is good as well). Borg has the monopoly on 40 hold em generally. Both rooms have plentiful 10-20 that are very soft. For stud, Taj has many games at mid limits - 10-20, 20-40, 40-80 going 24-7. 80-160 weekends. If you haven't checked out Taj in awhile, I'd give it a look - it is much nicer than it used to be.

I enjoy playing at both places.

Jeff