Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2007, 11:09 AM

Default Re: *LOUNGE CONTEST - Hottest Male Characters*

Waiting on our judges....
Old 10-20-2007, 11:54 AM

i had know idea the guy who played superman was that old; figured he was my age
Old 10-20-2007, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dom - I counter your William Wallace with one of the greatest legends ever brought to screen, the humorous and cocky Achilles

Remember how sweet he was to the beautiful Briseis, who played the captive girl who roomed in his tent? She was tough but she wanted him and can you blame her?! Look at those arms! An awesome performance by Brad. The man is a god.

[/ QUOTE ]
A solid, if uninspired choice.

For the most part, Achilles is as hot as can be. His build is muscular and cut. A build doesn't get better than this. He also has the flowing blond locks of a god. The only problem I have with his looks is that he has tendency to look a bit retarded. If you look at the first picture closely enough you can see a bit of swing blade in him.

As far as the character itself, I give him very high but not perfect marks. Obviously, he is perfect as a warrior and he can slay even the greats at will. He also has the chops with the ladies. But, he is generally kind of negative and he whines way too much when his brother is killed.

Positives: Generally sexy character. Perfect build. Flowing golden hair.
Negatives: Weak ankles. Too negative. Has a tendency to look a bit retarded.

Old 10-20-2007, 02:01 PM

Default Re: FINAL SCORES ROUND 2

[ QUOTE ]
I humbly submit my 3rd round choice, a best supporting actor winner: Cuba Gooding Jr. as Rod Tidwell in Jerry McGuire.

T

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like this pick. Hello. He was best supporting actor, not best actor. To get the high mark's in my book you have to be the main guy in the film. Did you not see what happened to Iceman?

Tidwell is generally good looking but nothing special. His build is better than average but not great. If I see a hot character with his shirt off I want to see him cut with muscles bulging out all over.

To the character, I found him a bit annoying and not sexy at all. He is in love with his wife and all and they make a great couple. But, this is a "hottest character" contest and not a "best husband character" contest.

Positives: Generally good looking. Smooth. Great husband.
Negatives: Annoying. Nothing really special about him. Prone to crying.

"Show me a high score!" "Show me a high score!" "Show me a high score!"

Nope. 6.0
Old 10-20-2007, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But, he is generally kind of negative and he whines way too much when his brother is killed.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is understandable to be negative when destiny says you will die in this war. The prophet said so and the Greek Gods are important in this story.
Also, it wasn't his brother was it? I thought it was his cousin (and in the book, it is his lover). Anyway, complaining about the death of a loved one wouldn't be a negative to me. It showed his passion. I thought that was one of the positives of Achilles, he isn't a heartless unbeatable warrior, he is destined to immortality for his skills, his passion and his willingness to die for his loved ones and for destiny.
Old 10-20-2007, 02:42 PM

Default Re: my third pick

[ QUOTE ]
Mel Gibson as William Wallace

[/ QUOTE ]

A great character and one of my all-time favorites. However, I wouldn't rate him as one of the big guns when it comes to being a hot character. He is very good looking but he looks a bit aged. However, the blue eyes somewhat make up for that.

Wallace is strong as a character as he is both killer and lover and he has the uncanny ability to deliver kickass speeches before battle. Wallace can also get insanely hot babes as that is evident by the 2 girls after him in the movie. Finally, he can get gutted without crying like a baby and he can still deliver an inspirational line right before he dies. The downside to his character is that he is just a bit too negative and he has to learn to let girls go. Crying over a girl is not the trait of a hot character imho.

Positives: Great eyes and stunning looks.
Negatives: A bit aged. A little short. trouble getting over girls.

Old 10-20-2007, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Negatives: Weak ankles.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is incredibly funny to me. A+
Old 10-20-2007, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Negatives: Weak ankles.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is incredibly funny to me. A+

[/ QUOTE ]

hilarious isn't he [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2007, 06:09 PM

Default Re: round 3 submission

[ QUOTE ]
since i caved and used a chick flick hottie last round now it's time for a bad ass:

christian bale as bruce wayne/the dark knight: batman

edit: sorry for the giant pic, don't know how to resize

[/ QUOTE ]I hate to have this happen for the finals, but I did not see this film. I didn't even realize this film existed as I don't like the batman character in general. I just don't think a super hero should wear a hood with pointy ears. And, there is only one true batman - Adam West.

So, sadly, I must go on pictures alone. The body is incredible and his build is perfect. He has huge biceps, which I think or very cool on a man. I hate the way he looks in the second picture - too pretty boy effeminate. However, I think Christian Bale is very good looking in general so I looked up some other batman pictures of his and in them he looks far more masculine. But, you chose the picture you did so I am going to deduct a bit for him looking like a sally.

Positives: Great build. Great Biceps
Negatives: Looks too pretty boyish in the posted picture

Old 10-20-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WHEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Martin Gross - "Grosse Pointe Blank"

The web doesn't do this man justice... unfortunately.

Edit: am I supposed to be putting a description in for these guys???

[/ QUOTE ]
Now here is a man after my own heart. Martin Blank is a stone cold killer who refuses to go corporate. But, even though is a stone cold killer, he has a the most witty sense of humor and the character is very likable. He is also quite smooth with the lady he goes after and he still gets her even though he stood her up years ago. One of my favorite lines in the movie is when she finds out he is a professional killer and says, "you are a psychopath". He doesn't miss a beat and says, "No, no. Psychopaths kill for no reason. I kill for money. It's a job." Perfect. Finally, there is depth to him as deep down he has a good heart (or elements of one).

He has a very charming and engaging look about him that is very attractive. However, since he is not as beautiful as some of the other entries he will get a small deduction for looks. He doesn't have any build to speak of and that too will cause a small deduction.

Positives: Witty and funny. Likable. Good heart. Stone cold killer
Negatives: No build to speak of. Not as attractive as some of the other entries.