Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Asshole?
Yes! 23 74.19%
No! 8 25.81%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-08-2007, 02:34 PM

Default Re: I don\'t feel like waiting until tomorrow night- NFL POWER RANKINGS

Tennessee just seems like an any given Sunday type of team. I wouldn't be shocked to see them beat any of the elite teams or lose to any of the worst.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I remember all the hype on Vince last year and yea he had some good games but there were some games in which he was getting some undue credit. Last year against the Jags he had like 80 yards passing and 5 yards rushing and the Titans didn't score an offensive TD but made a great comeback scoring defensive and special teams td's. That night all the highlights were talking about how Vince willed the team to victory and how he just knows how to win blah blah blah. Point is, I think their luck is about to run out. They play like they did Sunday this week against the Bucs and they don't have a chance at winning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Finally a man of some intelligence. I can only assume that people that are high on Tenn haven't seen them play.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I remember all the hype on Vince last year and yea he had some good games but there were some games in which he was getting some undue credit. Last year against the Jags he had like 80 yards passing and 5 yards rushing and the Titans didn't score an offensive TD but made a great comeback scoring defensive and special teams td's. That night all the highlights were talking about how Vince willed the team to victory and how he just knows how to win blah blah blah. Point is, I think their luck is about to run out. They play like they did Sunday this week against the Bucs and they don't have a chance at winning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Finally a man of some intelligence. I can only assume that people that are high on Tenn haven't seen them play.

[/ QUOTE ]

They rushed for a franchise record at JAX, took IND to the last drive and have won something like 10 of their last 12 dating to last season. Admittedly they looked awful on offense yesterday, but the defense looked as good as any in the league.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They rushed for a franchise record at JAX, took IND to the last drive and have won something like 10 of their last 12 dating to last season. Admittedly they looked awful on offense yesterday, but the defense looked as good as any in the league.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish Jax could have that Tenn game back. Henderson is fully healthy now, Stroud is in much better shape as is our Nelson. Our Oline is meshing now as well. Not to mention the Jags actually have a healthy kicker. Hopefully that loss doesn't eat at Jacksonville, because that was not a game they should have lost.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am still not sold on the Pats. All the teams they have played so far rank at the bottom of the league for defense, so putting up 30+ every game is not that special. Dallas is going to be the first team they play this year that has any semblance of defense.

Defensively they have been impressive however. Holding the Bengals to under 20 is very good (though they were one idiotic miscommunication between Chad Johnson and Carson Palmer away from getting at least 20).

So just based on strength of schedule I have to put the Colts above the Pats. This weekend will be the test.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, here's a stat for you. The Pats opponents have played 18 other games this season. Only twice (interestingly enough the 51-45 shootout between the Bengals and Browns) have their opponents given up more points than they gave up to the Pats, and once did they give up the same amount of points. (Both Pitt and NE scored 34 against the Brownies).

So to say their offense isn't anything special is being ignorant of how impressive they've been this year. The Pats offense has outshined their defense, in my opinion, which is hard to do given how well THEY'VE played.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Pats offense has outshined their defense, in my opinion, which is hard to do given how well THEY'VE played.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the defense has been in a quasi-prevent for lots of the season, which has hurt their numbers (but increased their chances of winning)
Old 10-08-2007, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The Pats offense has outshined their defense, in my opinion, which is hard to do given how well THEY'VE played.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the defense has been in a quasi-prevent for lots of the season, which has hurt their numbers (but increased their chances of winning)

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, my comment may have been a bit exaggeratory. (It's a word, look it up.) The best thing about the Pats defense is how consistent they've been. That's one of the reasons I think there's a chance they could run the table. I understand how difficult it is, and I still only think it's 1/25 or so, but they are so good on offense, and so good on defense, that it would take an off day on BOTH sides of the ball against a team that doesn't suck, in order to lose a game. Sure, it will happen in all likelyhood, but this is a very very good team.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:54 PM

And naturally that off day will come in Miami catapulting the Dolphins to their first win of the year, because the Pats don't win in Miami.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:15 PM

Do the Patriots play Stanford this year?
Old 10-08-2007, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I know its a cop out but neither team deserves to be called second best right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. From what I've seen and heard, New England is the best team. I think they have a chance to make a serious run at 16-0.

They have scored 38, 38, 38, 34, and 34 in their first five games, for what it's worth.