Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 01:22 PM

Default Re: 10NL - KJs - What does this guy have?

I have to disagree with all these comments about just calling the flop. If you call the flop you gain no information about where you stand, what are you going to do when he leads out the turn for 2/3 of the pot? You can’t really fold because a lot of villains will make this play with 88-TT, so I prefer to raise the flop and find out where I stand so that I can make an easier decision later. If he has 88-TT he will often call the flop reraise then check-call the turn and the river. If he has you beaten with AJ or QQ+, he will reraise the flop or make a big lead on the turn as in this hand, in which cases you can confidently throw away your KJ before the pot gets too big.

It’s fair enough to just call the flop if you think you know your opponent well enough to fold in later streets, but since there’s no info on this villain you really have to find out where you are – you don’t know if he’s the kind of person who will valuebet A6 here or if he’s a TAG who hasn’t played a hand for 5 rotations.