Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2007, 01:16 PM

Default ps collusion

Just witnessed obvious collusion at a $3/6 LHE table I was at. Two players would bet, raise and reraise each other when a third player was in the pot, and then one of the two would fold with only one bet left to call, as if his hand was strong enough to push it to the max but not strong enough to put in one more bet into a massive pot. Or, if the third player would fold before showdown, then one of the two colluders would fold right after even though he had been betting as if he had the absolute nuts and the other would show his strong hand. Sometimes it appeared that the weak hand that was just staying in to push the betting would backdoor an unlikely monster like a straight or flush or , once, a straight flush.

I lost count on how many times they would do this (the first example: reraising but folding with only one more river bet to call). It was obvious, jaw dropping and laughable.

I e-mailed support and they said they will investigate.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:19 PM

Default Re: ps collusion

post hand-histories.

some players get hyper-aggressive with their draws and can easily fold to one bet on the river.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:33 PM

pokerstars should take care of it. I've emailed them when I thought there was colusion and they were able to prove me wrong.
Old 05-29-2007, 02:28 PM

I'll try to post some of the most obvious examples soon. I will try to use a hand converter, but I've had trouble with them in the past.

Please note that I am not claiming to have lost money because of these two. I did lose money but that was because of variance and my own donkey blood.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just witnessed obvious collusion at a $3/6 LHE table I was at. Two players would bet, raise and reraise each other when a third player was in the pot, and then one of the two would fold with only one bet left to call, as if his hand was strong enough to push it to the max but not strong enough to put in one more bet into a massive pot. Or, if the third player would fold before showdown, then one of the two colluders would fold right after even though he had been betting as if he had the absolute nuts and the other would show his strong hand. Sometimes it appeared that the weak hand that was just staying in to push the betting would backdoor an unlikely monster like a straight or flush or , once, a straight flush.

I lost count on how many times they would do this (the first example: reraising but folding with only one more river bet to call). It was obvious, jaw dropping and laughable.

I e-mailed support and they said they will investigate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obvious? Don't you know you are up against some of the worst players in the world in this game? Whenever this sort of crap goes on I just wait for my monster pairs and monster draws and then I take those donkeys (colluders, whatever) down.
Old 06-02-2007, 12:11 AM

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 (player B)/ raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB (player A)/ calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 (player B)/ calls, SB(player A)/ calls.

Flop: (15 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">player A bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">player B raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">player A 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">player B caps</font>, player A calls, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (16 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">player A bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">player B raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">player A 3-bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">player B caps</font>, player A calls, BB calls, MP1 calls.

River: (32 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">player A bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">player B raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">player A 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">player B caps</font>, player A folds, BB calls.

Final Pot: 43 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has Ks Kh (one pair, kings).
player B has 6c 6s (three of a kind, sixes).
Outcome: player B wins 43 BB. </font>

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP1 (player B)/ calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB (player A)/ calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 (player B)/ calls, Button calls, SB (player A)/ calls.

Flop: (20 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">player A bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">player B 3-bets</font>, Button folds, player A calls, BB calls.

Turn: (14.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">player A bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">player B raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">player A 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">player B caps</font>, player A calls, BB calls.

River: (26.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">player A bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">player B raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">player A 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">player B caps</font>, player A folds, BB calls.

Final Pot: 37.50 BB

BB has Kd Kh (one pair, kings).
player B has Jd Qc (two pair, queens and jacks).
Outcome: player B wins 37.50 BB. </font>

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 (player B)/ calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB (player A)/ completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
player A checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">player B bets</font>, Hero folds, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">player A raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">player B 3-bets</font>, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">player A caps</font>, BB calls, player B calls, Button calls.

Turn: (11.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">player A bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">player B raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">player A 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">player B caps</font>, Button calls, player A calls.

River: (23.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">player A bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">player B raises</font>, Button folds, player A folds.

Final Pot: 26.50 BB

player B doesn't show.
Outcome: player B wins 26.50 BB.
Old 06-02-2007, 01:12 AM

Okay, just glancing through them I agree those look weird.

but some of them they aren't trying to trap the opponent on each round. A bets, B raises, and they face the opponent with 2 bets cold.

Any reason why we don't get the whole HH complete with the players' names?
Old 06-02-2007, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, just glancing through them I agree those look weird.

but some of them they aren't trying to trap the opponent on each round. A bets, B raises, and they face the opponent with 2 bets cold.

Any reason why we don't get the whole HH complete with the players' names?

[/ QUOTE ]

As to the first question: -making opponents to face 2 bets- isn't that going to happen sooner or later if you're going to try to trap someone? I assume the idea is that they will either get a call, or make 100% of what's already in the pot. Sorta like NL hand protecting. Also they fostered loose images to say the least so getting calls wouldn't be a big problem.

As to the second question: I thought posting the whole hand histories with names just wasn't the thing to do especially with ps still investigating, but I don't have a problem with that. It would have been a lot simpler for me. ???
Old 06-04-2007, 08:52 AM

Just a follow up:

received email from support(see below). Only thing I changed was to x out my name. I was not looking for money like I alluded to before, (although I'll take it). I am glad on one hand because I know I'm not crazy, but I also feel like a rat fink. I have never reported anyone for anything before. (Hint: fishing for affirmation that I did the right thing).

Also, I didn't mention it before because it could have been a coincidence, but the two players both joined the table at the same time,where from the same city, and left on the same round at their big blinds.

Hello xxxx,

Thank you for your report and patience regarding the two players you
recently faced in a cash game. These players were in violation of our
poker room rules. You were involved in one or more hands with these

players. Based on a rollback of hands in which you may have been
harmed,
your account has been credited $71.28.

After careful review we have permanently closed the accounts in
question.
In addition we have implemented measures to prevent these individuals
from
playing on the site using any other account.

The integrity of the games at PokerStars is of paramount importance to
us
and we will not abide unfair play in our games. We work hard to police
our games to assure our players of a fair, secure place to play. In
the
rare cases where collusion has actually occurred, we make sure that any
players affected are compensated appropriately.

Thank you for your continued play here on PokerStars. Please do not
hesitate to let us know any time we can be of help.

Regards,

Tim
PokerStars Support Team

&gt;
Old 06-04-2007, 09:38 AM

you absolutely did the right thing.