7-8 10 16.39%
9-10 4 6.56%
11-12 5 8.20%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-06-2007, 08:13 AM

Default Re: Weekly Trout Games Poll

[ QUOTE ]
Some background.

The trout games were designed for fun, not profit. A chance to play for fun on the internet without having to listen to idiots and whiners. Sort of a home game. An evolving, semi regular group. It has evolved into a pretty humorous group. Fun times as it were.
We need to show hands more often.....I've got an idea for next week.

The start times have been discussed at some length and the CONSENSUS keeps coming back to the current ones. The 4pm start time used to be the Euro game, it died from neglect a year or more ago. I would be glad to post an earlier time if there is interest.

I agree with the idea of rotating the 9pm game. Pokerstars software currently has a glitch which will not allow a HORSE game, I notified support a few weeks ago and they said they were on it............

For sale: The commissionership of Trout Games. I have had my 'turn in the barrel', I am looking to give up the power and the glory that is trout games dictator. Applicant should have 20 minutes of free time each week they are willing to give to 'the good of the game'. My predecessor used to include a link or two of interest each week. And a semi-retired troutster used to hype the games like a starving carney on Wednesdays. Little things that might build attendance are welcome.

dr jekyl

[/ QUOTE ]

I beleive it's time for a change of gender. I nominate the mermaid.

Edit to add: Only saying this because you want to give it up as you have done a stellar job running these games.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A chance to play for fun on the internet without having to listen to idiots and whiners.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, we've failed miserably in that regard... [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Only kidding. Anyway, I had suggested in another thread that maybe an increased buy-in might bring a larger crowd but I wasn't really sure. I know this is only for fun and is -EV for people like Slacka [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] so if increasing the buy-in would actually decrease participation then I wouldn't be for it.

I also think you've done a great job with this since you took over. Thanks for your efforts, and for all those $11 bounties... [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

I nominate the mermaid or Cha if either is willing to take this over.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know about everyone else, but I would be more inclined to play if they were turbo's.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure how I feel about that - but in any case we would have to get Stars to change their policy on private tournaments. Last time I looked you couldn't set up a private tournament with a turbo structure.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:27 AM

I like the $10 that way I can goof around and reraise futuredoc with 6s in the first level and not really care. 10 minute levels would be better though. 15 is sooooo long.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:51 AM

i always try and play but am usually too busy on wednesday evenings, but i will continue my vow to play when i am able to.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:40 PM

Saturday US time would be nice.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:59 PM

I'd play if it was horse or maybe some other games, as long as the buyin isn't increased .. I know I'd be quite outclassed.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:44 PM

I stopped playing these for a variety of reasons.

- A la DevinLake, I've stopped playing SNGs in general.

- Wednesday night is a common night for my gf to visit or vice versa.

- I've quasi-bustoed what was left of my Stars roll and have been playing rarely enough that the rebuilding is quite slow. So when I have been playing I've been more motivated on trying to work on that.

Still, these were a good time. I should try and get back in for a couple sometime soon.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:56 PM

I responded no and have only played once. (clubbed like a baby seal [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]) I intended to start playing sometimes but keep forgetting on Wed nite. I play mostly limit so I don't stop by here very often. I'll put a note on my computer to stop by and visit my money ASAP!! (Not too interested at higher stakes though and for obvious reasons!!!)
Old 04-06-2007, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Saturday US time would be nice.

[/ QUOTE ]