Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2007, 01:43 PM

Default Re: Dealing with moron neighbors

Remember when "Why don't you go play in traffic" was an insult? Get your kids OUT of the street.
Old 09-09-2007, 02:00 PM

i [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] when threads take a life of their own and turn on the OP when he was looking for support
Old 09-09-2007, 02:39 PM

without going through the 100+ replies, am i the only one wondering what the OP calls a 'backover incident' is??

doesn't sound pretty.

edit: i'm picturing johnny sack?
Old 09-09-2007, 02:44 PM

niss, OP, and others:

"1. Anyone criticizing OP for letting his kids play in the street is retarded. Little kids have played on the low/no traffic streets in their neighborhoods forever."

I am an expert on this subject, having grown up in the suburbs of Houston, Texas and spending much of my childhood playing in streets and cul de sacs.

Yes, it is true that it is totally standard to play in the street.

But it is also true that it is totally standard to GET THE F OUT OF THE WAY WHEN CARS ARE COMING. If kids aren't capable of doing that, they shouldn't be playing in the street, even the cul de sac.

"their 3 year old boy, who with Ainsley (our 4yo) are biking around the cds. It was getting dark"

This sounds way too young to be playing in the street where there is any risk of someone hitting them coming around a corner.
Old 09-09-2007, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the OP's kid is doing something that is not only not a guaranteed legal right, but in many places, explicitly illegal (playing in the street).

Sorry NT, you have no idea what you're saying here. We have a right to be out there. Especially when you consider the kids are on bikes, which makes them legally operating a vehicle in the street which cars have to yield to, but that's beside the overall point that we are legally allowed to be playing out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love this, people claim bikes have the right to be out there and cars should yield to them. Guess what, bikes have to obey the same laws that cars do also. Its amusing to see people all serious about biking on the street with their helmet and mirrors and flashing lights as they roll through stop sign after stop light.

Also, you should look up the laws in your state/city. Here's one example of how you DON'T have the right to play in the street: http://www.co.henrico.va.us/police/c...nginstreet.pdf

Edit: Here's another one, saying its illegal: http://www.troymi.gov/TrafficEnginee...at%20play.html
There's also one about it illegal in Philly, but I'm sure you get the point.

[/ QUOTE ]
I like how OP conveniently glosses over this post as though it were never posted. It says playing in the streets is ILLEGAL (can you read? If you can't then see the picture below). OP is WRONG (end of story), pigheaded, and will probably get his kids killed if he continues to let them play in the street. He's too arrogant to admit defeat and revise his original view like NT! talked about revising his views with new evidence and information and whatnot.

PS: That meat helmet thing was gross. I wonder how long he must've shampooed to get that stink ass meat smell out of his hair.

PPS: And thanks for stretching the tables with that hugeass picture you posted, BPA234. I had to read all the posts using the normal pages instead of the view all function because I would have to scroll left and right to read posts in their entirety. Crop or resize it next time, you ass.
Old 09-09-2007, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ok lets see if I have this right, a kid that just learned to drive runs a stop sign and you get all over him because your pissed at your niehbor. The kid probibly felt pretty bad and but he honestly didn't see the sign so wtf??? The answer to your problem is simple:

1. Be a parent. Stop letting your kids play in the street. The street is for cars. Play on your lawn or go to a park.
2. Stop being a shity nitty neihbor or expect to get your house egged when you go away on vacation or worse broken into.

[/ QUOTE ]

god this post is written by a 19-year-old

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong!
Old 09-09-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Cliff notes:

Parents and people above 30 agree with OP.

People under 30 without children do not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong again [censored]!
Old 09-09-2007, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When did I ever say people are constantly blowing that stop sign without slowing down?

[/ QUOTE ]

You did in OP when you said that you saw the gf do it twice. Once should be enough for anyone with any intellegence or parenting IMHO. It is obvious that you are going to ignore all of the advice in this thread to keep your kids safe and obeying the LAW. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't were helmets while riding bikes. Now that we know where the poor parents live we know who to point DYFUS to.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:48 PM

You know, considering the title of this thread, we should be giving advice to the mother of the teenagers who were driving the car.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You know, considering the title of this thread, we should be giving advice to the mother of the teenagers who were driving the car.

[/ QUOTE ]
Or you could consider the title of this thread from the viewpoint of that very same mother of the teenagers who were driving the car whose neighbors are stupid enough to let their preschool-aged kids play out in the street where people are driving their cars. Just a thought.