Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2007, 03:58 AM

Default Re: click2pay pulling a neteller

since click2pay is based in germany would they comply if the united states asked them to quit serving the states?
Old 01-19-2007, 01:07 PM

personally i think its just a matter of time. if click2pay's US bank accounts are blocked and shut down from the US and both visa and mastercard has identified click2pay as an online gambling wallet thus blocking click2pays merchant accounts, then click2pay could be shut down. i think click2pay will last until the very end tho... but once their accounts are blocked then its time to go WU or even mail in cash
Old 01-19-2007, 09:34 PM

that will suck if we have to mail in cash.i don't see a lot of people doing it.....
Old 01-19-2007, 09:44 PM

you can always use paper checks via mail in the worst case scenario. Also these sites can play cat and mouse with banks etc coming up with a new merchant id ever so often. It's already been happening with some sites but I don't wanna divulge who (it's one of the bigger sites).
Old 01-19-2007, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you can always use paper checks via mail in the worst case scenario.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I always thought as well. But in the real world, poker sites are only accepting cashiers checks, which are a cash equivalent. I'm going to have to be assured of a very reliable delivery means to send a cash equivalent to Costa Rica or wherever. The guys on the sports gambling boards are talking about Fed-Exing money orders or cashiers checks to Costa Rica "like in the good old days." That may well be the only option left. I guess if I can be assured Fed Ex will deliver it safely I might consider it- poker has become a big part of my life.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
since click2pay is based in germany would they comply if the united states asked them to quit serving the states?

[/ QUOTE ]
Neteller is based on the Isle of Man, which has traditionally been a "safe house" for non-legit companies, so I doubt click2pay being in Germany would make it any more exempt.