Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 03:51 PM

Location: My Avatar is Cursed for my Teams. Please don\'t curse my burger.
Default Re: * * * Official WPT Niagara Thread * * *

busto shortstack pick up kk lose aq after aj utg raised, aq reshipped. gl to everyone else. Drinking heavily + pit for matty tonight.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:55 PM

I just busted...I wouldn't be steamed if it weren't for some 40 year old man telling me I play bad.

I built up the 70k playing great, including one very very sick bluff, and a nice call...

with 25k i opened to 2.2 at 400/800/100 with TT (after getting shown a big bluff, so ppl widen my range im sure), get 2 callers, and an old man shoves for 22k total or so. Basically for stacks. I tanked for awhile and decided he was squeezing so I moved in.

Yea, TT > 53o.

Then my bluff hand...I opened to 2700 at 500/1000/200 with Qc 9c from UTG with around 45k. A very loose aggro player calls me from the button. He had bluffed me out of a large pot earlier and shown complete air, and showed other bluffs. He covers me.

Flop was Td 8h 6d giving me a double gutshot. I bet out 4,500, he raises the minimum to 9k. I call. Turns the Ah, I check, and he bet 15k. I look into his soul and shove for 20k more (35k total) and he folds.

On to my demise...I got in 45k-ish with Ks Ts vs Qh 6d on the 7s 6s 3c for like 95k...turn 6 river 2h...my opponent called a huge c/r on the flop and turned his 6, then we got the remainder of his money in (not much)

Down to 20k, I lose with KK to 89 on the 6725, then proceed to get berated by one player while everyone else tells me I played well. I shook everyone's hand with a smile and asked the player who berated me what his problem was....he didn't respond.

Sigh.

(edited to include TT>53o)
Old 10-29-2007, 04:04 PM

never mind the post i just made, no tony roma's. im joining duck and some other people (dunno who yet as she has only told me "we are going to copa cobana" via text. so ship some copacobana at round 8 pm or later.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:50 PM

I can't believe I'm out. No way...adk jkwtf wtvwtfwtf
Old 10-29-2007, 05:16 PM

Junglen, who gives a [censored] about how people "think" you play? You seem to be overly affected by it.

edit: obv you play better than most, so you should be delighted if people think you play bad.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:36 PM

Damn that [censored] sucks Adam, I understand what Shaniac is saying but it's really annoying to get berated by someone like this, anyway F that guy.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Junglen, who gives a [censored] about how people "think" you play? You seem to be overly affected by it.

edit: obv you play better than most, so you should be delighted if people think you play bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's just annoying when someone who was new to the table says stuff like "that's what you get." Even other players at the table were giving him negative looks, and saying how I was half his age and had twice as much class.

It's all good, and something that's inevitable in poker. I was significantly more frustrated over taking 2 big hits and having some adult (who certainly didn't act his age) sit there with 10k and have nothing better to do than give me a hard time.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:38 PM

God im an idiot. I tried to bluff a fish that I later found out got in the tournament through a $27 sat. I have 146,000, which is around aerage. I had 350,000 before the disaster. Hopefully tomorrow goes well.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
God im an idiot. I tried to bluff a fish that I later found out got in the tournament through a $27 sat. I have 146,000, which is around aerage. I had 350,000 before the disaster. Hopefully tomorrow goes well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just saw the chip counts and wondered what the hell happened. Good luck tomorrow, you can do it.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:56 PM

Location: My Avatar is Cursed for my Teams. Please don\'t curse my burger.

The only thing worse than a cold craps table is a cold sober one.

Anyone interested, I have like a full bottle of a 6 pack of beer, a bottle of rasp absolute and like 12 novelty shots (kaluha, and banana) that will be thrown out tomorrow when I leave. I just offered two random dudes I chatted with the booze, and I think they thought I was inviting them into my room for a drink. :/