Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2007, 10:46 AM

Default Austrian Masters Omaha Tournament

hey all,

there is an omaha tournament next week on wednesday in vienna with 200 Euros +Rebuys and 1Addon Buyin and i really consider playing it, but however, i dont have any omaha live experience and only played online max. 10-20 but mainly 2-4, do you think i should give it a try?Btw to those who already played such tournaments..which adjustments do you take when switching from cashgame to such a tournament and with how many rebuys/addons to you calculate?

Thanks
Old 06-17-2007, 10:57 AM

Default Re: Austrian Masters Omaha Tournament

Er, not enough information. Are you a winning player? How good, a pro? What's your bankroll? LAG or TAG? Tournament record? Standard of competition?
Old 06-17-2007, 11:12 AM

sorry..ok
Yes iam a winning player,especially in 2-4, just getting used to 10-20, iam very TAG but i think iam good,however iam only playing shortstacked on 10-20 and only trying some deep stacked play on 2-4.Sometimes i play the 55$ omaha hi tournament(freezeout),but usally there are only 5-20 players and i got a ROI of around 250% omaha hi.However,i find those very very soft and never face taff decisions.No idea on the competition there,but assuming the Buyin i dont think there will be many newbies around there.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:25 AM

there won't be many players new to poker, but there will be plenty of players who don't know very much about Omaha. You are probably breakeven or better in the tourney if you beat any online game, so you should play it if you think it will be fun. Budget 1000 euro I suppose, it depends if you can rebuy immediately or only when broke.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:40 PM

thanks for reply, yes you can rebuy immediately aslong you are <=1500 (beginning chips) rebuy lasts 1+1/2 hour and there is afterwards 1addon which is worth 3000...bah
so i guess minimum buyin+addon if it runs ok,first levels dont count very much