Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 10:19 PM

Default Re: I think I\'m turning into a Neoconservative

I tried to find the answer "None of the Above" on all of these questions, but it wasn't there. As such, I was unable to answer any of the questions.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah there are "radical islamists", but they are a small percent of the religion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this is true. But the problem is that the radicals own the state news and are leading the countries. It's unfortunate that the people are subject to it.

[ QUOTE ]
Didn't we fight nazis and the japanese in world war 2 to stop this kind of behavior?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes this is the iffy part of this imo. Different ideologies, however. Our goal is not to round up 6 million Arabs and gas them like Nazi Germany did to the Jews. We have isolated incidents like Guantanamo but we aren't plundering villages, killing hundreds of thousands, and forcing the girls into prostitution like the Japanese did. Yes people are dying there but it's war.

[ QUOTE ]
I mean how exactly are we going to win this war on terror? If you honestly think about it, there's only two ways. Invade practically every country in the world, or try and be friends and have peaceful relationships with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is peace really possible? They hate the West because of Israel, and their radical leaders also hate us because we are prosperous and free. Their goal is to end the Zionist regime. They need to accept a peaceful two state but they didn't 60 years ago and they won't accept it now.

[ QUOTE ]
Those fighters are labeled as "terrorists", but wouldn't we all fight foreign invaders if they were marching on our streets?

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand that but the difference is terrorists willing kill innocents for their objectives. It sucks and I feel bad for the people. It's not their fault that they are lead by radicals.

[ QUOTE ]
And that's all you're going to get by attacking Iran. You're also going to get a draft, because Iran is 3 times the size of Iran, and we have enough trouble with recruitment. I wonder why.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I don't think a draft will happen. What's even scarier is that we will use the nuclear bunker missles to hit desired targets. IRan is way too big and has a good military. Casualties would be immense if we went there like Iraq.

Also, I'm not saying I agree with everything I stated here, but I wanted to try to create some counter arguments.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:37 PM

Canīt the US bomb sites where they suspect atomic weapons are being made without invading the country and not having to deal with their military?
Old 10-22-2007, 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Is peace really possible?

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf? We go home, are they going to send their sailboats at us or something?
Old 10-23-2007, 12:22 AM

I'd imagine your leaning towards neo-con dogma has more to do with seemingly easy answers to complex problems. Blow-back is the fulcrum of Ron Paul's foreign policy.

This doesn't mean that we should be comfortable with Iran getting nuclear weapons, but it does mean that attacking them in the classical sense will do more harm than good. Think about this: Given a long enough time table, there will be no stopping the spread of nuclear weapons.

Decades, not centuries, will decide how we deal with this fact.

That test sucks, even compared to the average online questionnaire. Any test that states "Results are not scientific" when as much is more obvious than a queer footballer, deserves as much respect as Paulie Shore self-fellating during yoga class. So please don't let any online test, especially this one, influence your political beliefs. Read books instead.

From the Link:

[ QUOTE ]
What does a neoconservative dream world look like?

Neocons envision a world in which the United States is the unchallenged superpower

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? I'd like to think any rational persons dream world would consist of something beyond one f'ing country. How about a world in with a superpower isn't necessary? Also, talking about weapons in a philosophical "dream world" scenario screams 'Lunatic', to me.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:41 AM

"Given a long enough time table, there will be no stopping the spread of nuclear weapons."

Nonsense. That is only a foregone conclusion when you ascribe to "non-interventionism". So for an RP supporter its a self-fulfilling prophecy, for others, just part of the spectrum of outcomes.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"Given a long enough time table, there will be no stopping the spread of nuclear weapons."

Nonsense. That is only a foregone conclusion when you ascribe to "non-interventionism". So for an RP supporter its a self-fulfilling prophecy, for others, just part of the spectrum of outcomes.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you think we'll all have blown ourselves up before then?
Old 10-23-2007, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah there are "radical islamists", but they are a small percent of the religion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this is true. But the problem is that the radicals own the state news and are leading the countries. It's unfortunate that the people are subject to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds familiar...
Old 10-23-2007, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Nonsense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? So you think it's possible to stop anyone else from getting nukes for say the next trillion years?
Old 10-23-2007, 02:04 AM

When I was I think like 2 or 3, I was afraid of car washes.