Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2007, 01:40 AM

Default passive KKK

limper and BB are pretty bad. sb is pretty freaking tight.

one limper(40/18/.7)in EP, i raise black kings on the button, sb calls(19/8/2), bb calls(29/0/.8).

Flop(8sb): K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

sb bets out, bb folds, EP limper calls, i call planning on trapping them on the turn.

Turn(5.5bb): 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

sb bets out again, EP now raises, i start to 3bet and only call, sb just calls.

River(11.5bb): J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

sb checks, EP bets again, i call...
Old 04-22-2007, 01:48 AM

Default Re: passive KKK

I'd reraise turn because I probably have the best hand, and to make them pay to draw out on me on the drawy board. I vote 3-bet.

I think the river call is okay encouraging SB to overcall given that you might now be beat, worse hands might not call your raise, etc.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:07 AM

This is what you get for not jamming the pot with bets when you have a set. I might have smooth called that flop, but only if I'm going to town on the turn. A good life lesson here if you got sucked out on.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A good life lesson here if you got sucked out on.

[/ QUOTE ]

why? any queen is open ended on the turn and calling anyway. what isn't calling are alot of hands drawing near dead. what we need to do is weight the ranges into hands i crush and are crushed by. that's sort of the reason i posted this hand.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A good life lesson here if you got sucked out on.

[/ QUOTE ]

why? any queen is open ended on the turn and calling anyway. what isn't calling are alot of hands drawing near dead. what we need to do is weight the ranges into hands i crush and are crushed by. that's sort of the reason i posted this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Queen here is simply a gutshot, QJ is the one that hit the open-ended
Old 04-22-2007, 03:35 AM

A queen is not open ended here and is only drawing to a gutshot, only a J helps a Q here.

You already have them trapped on the flop, and with the reads you have they are probably going to be calling. There are 16 cards that put 3 to a straight on the board that I don't want to see. Pull the trigger.

The turn sucks but you're still ahead of everything but exactly QJ (16 hands). There are a lot of hands that raise here in EP's spot. Smaller sets, two pairs, nut flush draws, made straight, QQ, JJ, etc. And you are ahead of a lot of this stuff; plus the chance of a board pair for you! I'm pulling the trigger here, as played, most of the time.

Obviously the river is horrendous and I go punch a hole in my wall. I still pay one more bet, and since you've been calling the whole time anyway, why stop now?

I play sets fast and hard.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:29 AM

I raise this flop 100% of the time. Then again, I also raise it with AQ/AJ & all sorts of other ill stuff.

After that I play it the same against a fairly passive opponent like EP. The river might even be a fold as played, but at 12.5:1 I'd probably call & hope EP just has KT or 99 or something.

You can argue for 3betting the turn, but it really doesn't clean up outs if you're ahead (SB obviously has something to have led consecutive streets on a K-high board) and getting capped kinda sucks as we do not have enough equity against a made straight.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:22 AM

i'd also go ahead and 3 bet this flop.

I pretty much jam flops like this specifically because there are draws available. make it a ragged flop and I'm much more inclined to slowplay.

i play turn and river the same.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A queen is not open ended here and is only drawing to a gutshot, only a J helps a Q here.

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, yeah. oh well. my bad. a Queen isn't open ended.

a question, though. what hands does sb lead the flop and turn with that hold a queen? what hands with a queen does EP call the flop and raise the turn? how many combos is that versus "all these two pair, lower set, etc." combos you mentioned?

fwiw, i was considering a raise on a safe river. you seem to think i'm scared of the straight. while it should be of some concern, that's not exactly the case. on the turn, i'm just finding it tough to reason blowing the sb out of the water when he's usually drawing dead.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'd also go ahead and 3 bet this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

me too, but the situation dictates i could only raise to make it two bets on the flop. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]