Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2007, 12:13 AM

Default Re: Halo 3 Ending possible SPOILER ALERT

Yeah, Tokyo, you're not really making much sense. The whole things works. That it's cliched is another matter. I heard, however, that this was the end of the halo line as one cohesive plot. So it doesn't matter a whole lot whether or not he died if this is true.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:25 PM

I beat in on Heroic and got to the part where you finally get Cortana on Legendary and said [censored] it I'm done.

I think this game a great example of why the big game development houses need to invest in some actual writing talent. Yea Halo has never been about story but this was pretty terrible, and felt rushed and thrown together, which makes sense given how they basically had to restart making the whole game after many months of development with a semi strict release window.

The game felt like a huge rehash of Halo 2 to me, just so many level parallels from what I remember. I did really enjoy the game though, as it did what the series has always done best, creating some really epic crazy battles and be a blast to play with your buddies.

Yea and WTF at no rendition of Blood Gulch, I just don't get how there can be a Halo without it.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yea and WTF at no rendition of Blood Gulch, I just don't get how there can be a Halo without it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't the new blood gulch that big one with the waterfall and the stream passing through the whole map?
Old 10-02-2007, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yea Halo has never been about story...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm... Halo 1?

[ QUOTE ]
The game felt like a huge rehash of Halo 2 to me...

[/ QUOTE ]

More a rehash of Halo 1, IMO, but a lot from both. There was one line I particularly liked though. I don't remember it exactly, but:

Cortana: So what was your plan for getting us out of here?
Badass Master Chier: I thought I'd shoot my way out. You know... change it up a little.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

More a rehash of Halo 1, IMO, but a lot from both. There was one line I particularly liked though. I don't remember it exactly, but:

Badass Master Chier: I thought I'd shoot my way out. You know... change it up a little.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha yea I giggled at that one too, and got a kick out of the "Tank beats ghost...Tank beats everything!" Marine chatter for some reason too, probably the giddiness that comes with playing videogames for hours on end.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha yea I giggled at that one too, and got a kick out of the "Tank beats ghost...Tank beats everything!" Marine chatter for some reason too, probably the giddiness that comes with playing videogames for hours on end.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, the "Tank beats <thing>!" was hilarious. I love how the grunts like have you on their side.

Gears of War had some great chatter as well.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:06 PM

Halo 1 had story? News to me.

I play half life 2 when I want a game with story, halo when I want to kill [censored].
Old 10-03-2007, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Halo 1 had story? News to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Halo 1 definitely had a plot. When I played through it, it really felt like I was trying to achieve a goal at every step of the way, rather than just killing things, and I was always eager to find out what happened next. Halos 2 and 3 were sorta the same thing but less interesting, since it got a little repetitive, IMO. (For example, a group of marines is trapped blah blah blah go rescue them.)
Old 10-11-2007, 04:49 PM

I just finished it and im a little lost. How did MC die and Arbiter live? Just because Arbiter was at the front of the ship? Is that what people mean by half the ship? Also what was the he might still be alive thing? The 117 scratched onto the ship? How would that be them saying he could be alive?
Old 10-11-2007, 05:16 PM

You didn't watch after the credits, did you? He's clearly alive then.