Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2007, 12:00 PM

Default Re: $10/$20 flush vs PoorUser 3 handed 200BB deep

[ QUOTE ]
You are getting pretty good odds on the river, but your hand is ridic tranparent

[/ QUOTE ]

i dunno, if i were villain i'd be saying "there's no way he c/c's the turn with spades, cause that'd be really horrible!"
Old 07-30-2007, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You are getting pretty good odds on the river, but your hand is ridic tranparent

[/ QUOTE ]

i dunno, if i were villain i'd be saying "there's no way he c/c's the turn with spades, cause that'd be really horrible!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, I was kinda thinking same thing, so I think for this reason u should call river. I honestly don't think villian will put u on flush a lot here and will show up w/ lone trips enough to make this call +ev. I still don't like making the call though.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:15 PM

Ah, so this is that catcher-guy who has called me bad numerous times. Given these recent developments, it is now clear that I have am outmatched.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:16 PM

I haven't reread the whole thread; but the turn play here is just awful. We're 200bb oop and we're drawing with incorrect odds to the third nut flush on a paired board.

Villain never just calls on the river with unimproved K high. He's raising or folding.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't see you having the best hand here

edit: Unless he expects you to c/r for value with any ace? Then it would be an easy call.

[/ QUOTE ]

even if he expects us to c/r an ace for value, it's still not an easy call unless he expects us to c/r an Ace for value AND call his raise with worse.

ie: even if he has AK and donks the river, I doubt he's reraising your c/r, simply because it's hard for you to call with a worse hand than a flush

And btw, i definitely don't think he expects you to have a flush in your range, given that you played the hand retardedly for having spades. Thus i think it makes sense to call the river
Old 07-30-2007, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this player is probably capable of both inducing a bluff to re-bluff shove or to induce a weak value raise that things it should call. If this is the case do you think c/ring the river is good? Given that we got there and it may have induced a bluff shove then maybe it is good but I don't know the ratio that he does with bluffs : houses (I guess he can also do with nf given that you don't ever have a FH here?).

[/ QUOTE ]
poor user is def capable of this. this hand is pretty gross
Old 07-30-2007, 01:33 PM

catch this is straight spew
Old 07-30-2007, 04:37 PM

the only thing that should be said here is:

[ QUOTE ]

if you are that confident that you actually can make that turn call profitable by donking pair outs and [censored] because of your image, his image, table flow etc then the match is in a [censored] up dynamic indeed, way beyond the point where people can just look at a hand history and give you any sort of good advice. in any normal 3handed table dynamic, you can NOT checkcall this turn profitably. wtf else do you want people to say?

[/ QUOTE ]

its obviously bad at a normal table. the onus is on catcher to provide some kind of wacky dynamic where it is good and then prove it, if he wants to stand behind the play.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:53 PM

Fold turn. As played just call river. I don't think he's V-Betting an Ace that small. Just doesn't seem worth it from his perspective to open up the possibility of getting CR bluffed when the reward is only $200.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:18 PM

i understand the argument for preflop but i dont like limp/calling unless you add AA to your limp/calling range as well.