Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2007, 03:47 AM

Default Re: Picking Up Hitchhikers - Does Gender Matter To You?

[ QUOTE ]
In my experience, when there is a young attractive female hichiking, 99% of the time it's the hitchiking couple's bait and switch, i.e. husband or boyfriend is lurking nearby, and will make his appearance as soon as you stop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Does this mean that you've been attacked by a dude hiding when you tried to pick up a girl? Story?
Old 06-26-2007, 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In my experience, when there is a young attractive female hichiking, 99% of the time it's the hitchiking couple's bait and switch, i.e. husband or boyfriend is lurking nearby, and will make his appearance as soon as you stop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Does this mean that you've been attacked by a dude hiding when you tried to pick up a girl? Story?

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't say anything about attacking. The boyfriend lets the girl flag down a car for them because dudes will stop for her if they think she's alone.
Old 06-26-2007, 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't say anything about attacking. The boyfriend lets the girl flag down a car for them because dudes will stop for her that won't for him.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh, I was kind of connecting it to Alobar's post about being afraid of picking up a really hot girl because you'll probably end up robbed or something. This makes it less interesting, unfortunately.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:16 AM

I've picked up every lone female hitch hiker I've ever seen. Total = 1.

I've picked up a 2 male hitch hikers. One was about 15 years old or so and the other I was on my motorcycle (before helmet laws) and he got scared and wanted off.

I've done a little hitch hiking myself - once a big trip around the southwest with a friend. I think we had about 50 rides in total on the trip.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:43 PM

Nothing that exciting. I've only rarely picked up hitchhikers. I have often seen an attractive female standing by the road with her thumb out, and as I drive by see her SO a little farther off the road as I drive by.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:47 PM

lol wtf picks up hitchhikers in this day and age?
Old 06-26-2007, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He seemed clean and honest, and it was Germany after all, so I just took him to Frankfurt instead of saying "Ha ha, just kidding, get out."

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah nothing bad ever happens in germany
Old 06-26-2007, 01:05 PM

I've picked up tons of hitchhikers. Never had any scary experiences. There have been a few that were annoying and I wished they would just shut up. I've only picked up two women. One was in college and pretty cute and totally normal. no sex and I didn't really try. The other was batshit crazy and I felt really bad for her because she obviously had a horrible life. Every once in awhile I'll pass on a hitchhiker because of a bad vibe. For those of you worried about picking up a psycho, the risk is much greater for the hitchhiker. Think about if you were a predator. Would you go hitchhiking to find your victims?
Old 06-26-2007, 02:04 PM

Old 06-26-2007, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For those of you worried about picking up a psycho, the risk is much greater for the hitchhiker. Think about if you were a predator. Would you go hitchhiking to find your victims?

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't make sense to me. If I were a serial killer and had a choice between driving around until I found a hitchhiker or just hitchhiking myself, I'd take the second one because it's so much more likely that you'll actually get someone that way.

I guess having control of the car is probably nice, but presumably all you really have to do is tell the driver that you live in some reasonably isolated area.