Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2007, 09:31 PM

Default Re: $10k at the 27s in 1 month challenge

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This post has tl;dr written all over it, but...

I've moved up to the $27s in the last few weeks and played a few SNGs with runhot. He's not playing poorly. A little too tight, at times, perhaps. But not poorly. There've been several situations where the structure forces him to shove (e.g. AT, <7 BBs, 4-handed, UTG) and he runs into a bigger hand.

I sent Runhot an IM a few days ago to let him know he was having some timing/connectivity issues in a few of his SNGs, and thought it might have something to do with the number of tables. I haven't seen him time out since.

The downswings in turbo SNGs can be brutal. Hell, most of you think regular SNGs are crapshoots. Imagine having the blind levels cut in half. He hasn't exaclty had a heater yet, but it's bound to happen sooner or later. For his sake, I hope 'sooner.'

One last thing I think is important to take note of is that Sharkscope isn't entirely accurate. The difference between my PS balance over the last four days is $250 more than Sharkscope has it at.

Lastly, it's cool to see so many of the regulars @ $16's on PokerStars. I played them for a couple of months (13% ROI, 4100 SNGs, 12-tabling) and ran into most of them at one time or another. For example, I've played nearly 300 SNGs with The_Venetian.

[/ QUOTE ]

And one of these days I'm going to give you credit for having a hand. Maybe after 500 SNG's. Sample size and all. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You probably shouldn't. Just keep doing what you're doing, because I'm getting owned in SNGs with you. -1% ROI. Thanks buddy.