Attention grabbing clothing 6 4.03%
Attention grabbing jewerly 9 6.04%
Your person is themed (Emo,Gangsta,Punk,Goth) 5 3.36%
None of the above 87 58.39%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 04:40 PM

Default Re: ***SSNL LIFE THREAD NOV***

Ugh. I woke up today at 12:15pm (earliest in a long time). I swear ever since last year I can't fall asleep earlier than 2am and I have trouble waking up before noon unless I have something to do. I mean, I try to go to bed earlier but not only does it take me a long time to go under, but my internal clock tells me I'm not tired.

Anyone have any experience with this and have any advice for me? I really want to change my sleeping patterns and wake up earlier so that the day isn't already [censored] half-done when I start. :/
Old 11-21-2007, 04:43 PM

74o,

How much caffeine do you drink in a day? How much exercise do you get in a week? I usually go to bed around midnight and get up at 6AM every day. Most of the time I wake up before the alarm goes off.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
74o,

How much caffeine do you drink in a day? How much exercise do you get in a week? I usually go to bed around midnight and get up at 6AM every day. Most of the time I wake up before the alarm goes off.

[/ QUOTE ]
OMG please coach me. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I used to drink alot of soda but now I hardly drink the stuff (probably around 1-2 sodas a week). I definitely need to get more exercise. I lift about 3 times a week but I want to start swimming and running again.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:47 PM

You just have to be consistant for the first week or so, force yourself to get up early every single morning, and don't sleep during the day. It really helps if you work out as well, so that you're tired when night comes. If you still can't sleep after one week of getting up early every day, I guess you need professional help. I think eating healthy and being active in general will make it easier.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:50 PM

Do you usually workout during the evening?

I also tend to eat sometimes at very late hours.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:59 PM

I started exercising in the mornings when I changed my sleeping pattern a little while ago. It's an excellent way to start the day imo. It's really hard to get up in the beginning, but after a workout and a shower I feel much more focused and energized throughout the day, and naturally get tired in the evenings. I've really started to appreciate the morning hours and generally feel better.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I started exercising in the mornings when I changed my sleeping pattern a little while ago. It's an excellent way to start the day imo. It's really hard to get up in the beginning, but after a workout and a shower I feel much more focused and energized throughout the day, and naturally get tired in the evenings. I've really started to appreciate the morning hours and generally feel better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Def the way to go. Hoping that will be my plan once pesky work is over [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2007, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you usually workout during the evening?

I also tend to eat sometimes at very late hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually work out after work (7-8PM 3 nights a week). You are definitely eating too late. Try going to bed an hour before you normally do and read for 30-45 minutes to get your brain to relax. Force yourself to get up when your alarm goes off. If this is a problem, place the alarm clock across the room so you physically have to get up. After another poster said, after a week or so you should start noticing a difference.

Oh yeah, if you are consuming a lot of alcohol that will definitely screw things up as well.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:13 PM

lol alcohol well I am joining a frat atm... [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

But in any case thanks for the advice guys!
Old 11-22-2007, 05:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You just have to be consistant for the first week or so, force yourself to get up early every single morning, and don't sleep during the day. It really helps if you work out as well, so that you're tired when night comes. If you still can't sleep after one week of getting up early every day, I guess you need professional help. I think eating healthy and being active in general will make it easier.

[/ QUOTE ]
When I break my sleep schedule, I just set my alarm 15 minutes earlier each day, it sorts itself out.
Closed Thread