Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2007, 09:50 AM

Default Re: Messing around in 1/2 - I think I only have one choice here.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But by far the biggest mistake, that no one picked up, was I bet way way way too much on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
*** You are ignoring this user ***

[/ QUOTE ]

huh?

edit: just joking neilsio, your posts are insightful yet condescending [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 09-27-2007, 09:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But by far the biggest mistake, that no one picked up, was I bet way way way too much on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
*** You are ignoring this user ***

[/ QUOTE ]

huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

How cute.

EDIT: NVM [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-27-2007, 10:20 AM

I think its actually a huge difference here if you are playing on partypoker or FTP.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry for fighting groupthink of 'fold fold fold' posts! How many posts in the last week do you think talked about bet sizing in a way not relating to trying to stack off someone over 3 streets? How many posts actually discussed some different strategies?

I've played 2 orbits with the guy, seems solidish but maybe a little loose is exactly that read. He's in a few pots, doesn't seem to showdown too many. Its not much of a read.

FWIW, I folded, and I felt very dirty afterwards. Very very dirty. And no, he didn't show.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed on the bet sizing thing. It's not discussed enough. But the fact that you bet so big on the turn is why my first post said: "Fold". You did nothing to induce a bluff.

Your whole post was set up in a way that we all just waited for you to come in an tell us why it was not a fold. No one who voted fold was surprised that you came back and said it was not a fold.

Something about the whole post irked me. So predictable. You said you thought the next action was obvious and the sort of implied that we would not agree. We complied and said fold. But you still haven't convinced me that vs this villain with your bet sizing, the answer to your fist post is not just: "Fold.".

Maybe I'm just in a bad mood.

[ QUOTE ]
Villian is unknown but seems solidish, but probably a little loose as he's involved in a few pots. Not enough hands for stats.

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $43.13
BB: $238.25
UTG: $182.00
Hero (CO): $204.20
BTN: $320.35

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $8.00</font>, 2 folds, BB calls $6.00

Flop: ($17) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $14.00</font>, BB calls $14.00

Turn: ($45) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero?

[/ QUOTE ]
Asking for turnaction and what to do if faced with a raise would probably have gotten a better discussion going.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Asking for turnaction and what to do if faced with a raise would probably have gotten a better discussion going.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-27-2007, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes it is perfect consistent. Thats the point I'm trying to make. Its also perfect consistent with a dumb bluff, but we discount that in our minds because 'he always has an 8 here'. Please.

[/ QUOTE ]

Erm you act like I am basing my decision to fold from some generic SSNL prescribed line. I am not - I have put my stack in many times in the past in these spots vs unknowns, and in my experience he has it way more than he is bluffing. This turn is a simple bet/fold without a better read (at least at Party 200NL).
Old 09-27-2007, 12:33 PM

I agree with Melchiades here . . . The question was set-up weirdly. I agree the board is dry and why I said shove but thinking about it, calling is correct. Villian picking up a combo draw makes no sense here because who would float Jh9h oop or 6h7h, etc. I think its a bluff more often than not, but I did see your raise size and was like wtf? I didn't comment on it I just assumed you had a reason as I assume you are beter than me. So then I was like what level thinking are these guys on 3rd/4th? So then I think bluff . . . I'm not in a bad mood, but this hand was weirdly offered.