Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 08:44 PM

Default Re: citanul cleaning bbv/b4l discussion/rants

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you! I fully realize that I could've easily just gone to a different forum, but I'm pleased nonetheless. Now, we've banned "gay" "retarded" etc., can we also ban the use of the interjection "Jesus Christ"? I mean, we are quick to defend the sensitivities of various groups such as homosexual and the mentally ill and all racial groups, and rightly so. Somehow, however, it still remains OK to be offensive to Christians. I believe that the insulting of any other religion would be banned, so let's make sure this gets done too.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree completely about making fun of any religion, im just not sure i agree that saying "jesus christ" falls into that category. its really only against the rules if you are a christian, and it carries no negative connotation toward the christian religion that im aware of.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:46 PM

[censored] Jesus
Old 02-22-2007, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ps: long thread... cliff notes plz

[/ QUOTE ]

instead of banning racism, people are suggesting interesting alternatives such as hiding this forum from google search and advertisers

[/ QUOTE ]

Instead of using their brains and common sense people are making asinine rules against using words like retarded.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

instead of banning racism, people are suggesting interesting alternatives such as hiding this forum from google search and advertisers

[/ QUOTE ]

Instead of using their brains and common sense people are making assinine rules against using words like retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

the people lacking the brains and common sense are not the same people making the assinine rules.

one group is making the other group do something.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Instead of using their brains and common sense people are making assinine rules against using words like retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

the people lacking the brains and common sense are not the same people making the assinine rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

For what it's worth you'll never see or find a racist post by me, nor do I condone it. But, calling my idea out as such and suggesting I do is a douche move.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:00 PM

Also, the business excuse is cop out. This forum and site are crap without the people. Which is exactly who you alienate with this type of moderation.

Again, not speaking of racial slurs.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thank you! I fully realize that I could've easily just gone to a different forum, but I'm pleased nonetheless. Now, we've banned "gay" "retarded" etc., can we also ban the use of the interjection "Jesus Christ"? I mean, we are quick to defend the sensitivities of various groups such as homosexual and the mentally ill and all racial groups, and rightly so. Somehow, however, it still remains OK to be offensive to Christians. I believe that the insulting of any other religion would be banned, so let's make sure this gets done too.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree completely about making fun of any religion, im just not sure i agree that saying "jesus christ" falls into that category. its really only against the rules if you are a christian, and it carries no negative connotation toward the christian religion that im aware of.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, this will be my last reply on this topic since I have no desire to make this into a bigger deal. I don't offend that easily. And although I certainly don't speak for him (even though I am a pastor), I'm sure that Jesus isn't all too concerned with the use of his name as a semi-cuss word. But dude, it's plain naive and silly to say that using the phrase "Jesus Christ" as a cuss word doesn't carry a negative connotation. We only consider him Lord of all and King of Kings. I guess that might be worthy of some respect, I guess [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Luckily it's a religion based on love, mercy, grace and compassion (regardless of what the Fundamentalists try to make of it) so that we're not out killing each other and car bombing the building where the 2p2 servers are kept. Imagine if 2p2 actually had someone post a cartoon of Mohammed. Anyway, do what you want, I still like you all.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:12 PM

I don't see what the big deal is, since accepting advertising money from online poker sites is supposed to be illegal anyway.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For what it's worth you'll never see or find a racist post by me, nor do I condone it. But, calling my idea out as such and suggesting I do is a douche move.

[/ QUOTE ]

i didn't "call your idea out." you didn't express an idea in your post, at least not that i noticed. nor did i suggest that you did. my entire post is quoted above, i don't see anything close to "poster x has made racist posts." do you?
Old 02-22-2007, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, the business excuse is cop out. This forum and site are crap without the people. Which is exactly who you alienate with this type of moderation.

Again, not speaking of racial slurs.

[/ QUOTE ]

so if you're not talking about racial slurs, it's ok to have homophobic slurs?
Closed Thread