Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 06:57 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.
Default Re: citanul cleaning bbv/b4l discussion/rants

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
cit,

Can I still make fun of fat people?

[/ QUOTE ]

El D,

Dids is obviously still fair game.

[/ QUOTE ]

In all seriousness. This is 10x worse than any of the stuff you are trying to ban.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree and think this is especially petty and lame that someone who will cry at someone saying "retarded" but then calls specific posters fat. congrats dude!
Old 02-22-2007, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
cit,

Can I still make fun of fat people?

[/ QUOTE ]

El D,

Dids is obviously still fair game.

[/ QUOTE ]

In all seriousness. This is 10x worse than any of the stuff you are trying to ban.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree and think this is especially petty and lame that someone who will cry at someone saying "retarded" but then calls specific posters fat. congrats dude!

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i simply don't understand how the obese are still fair game if gay is not kosher.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:02 PM

retarded means slow and nothing else. It has been used to name people with down syndrome and I feel that thats is just as offensive and wrong as anything. Your'e telling me that if you are talking to the parents of a person with down syndrome your gonna say "Its unfortunate your childs retarded". It's slang and its a word that shouldnt be associated with down syndrome. It means slow and if I think somebody is slow I will say it.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:03 PM

LLL,

Actually, we consistently take actions to maintain high level of content in the El D forum at the expense of high traffic numbers. None of the mods in that forum care about how much traffic that forum gets.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:09 PM

now i gotta get extra racial slurs [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-22-2007, 07:13 PM

no no no no no, see you in 2 days.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is logic is pretty tenuous. I would be
Winterested to hear you elaborate on how widespread use of the term "nigga" promotes a racist agenda. I suppose there could be some argument made that it essentializes the more urban aspects of african-american culture, but given that in fact many people of color have self-embraced this image as their own, i think its fairly presumptive to assume that we should go around making pronouncements on what is "good" and "bad" for "thier" struggle.

[/ QUOTE ]

it really has nothing to do with "their struggle." As far as i can see its more like "this is something that the higher ups feel is potentially not good and not being able to type the n-bomb really shouldnt be a big deal to, well, anyone on this forum." Also, i think its even more presumptuous for any of us to claim that using that word is OK, especially when not using it really makes almost no difference in the quality of posts or our ability to communicate.

[ QUOTE ]
In addition, im certain that you are well aware of the deconstructionist implications for the widespread (especially if amongst 20-something white boys) usage and self-application of the word nigga. The original term was a way for those of one skin color to highlight and essentialize the physical difference between themselves and the Other, and to reify the implicit assumptions that those who were "[censored]" were inferior to those who were not, and to justify the various forms of social stratification that were present. How does the term NIGGA becoming more accepted as an image of merely "my fellow man" do anything BUT attack the power structure created by the ideas of black/white difference?

[/ QUOTE ]

if by this you mean "white supremacists probably hate seeing suburban white youth referring to each other as n-bombs," you're probably right. I dont understand how that translates into "having the n-word in several hundred threads on a private forum which makes money from advertisers is perfectly fine whether the people who run said forum like it or not"

[ QUOTE ]
This is fair enough i suppose. Utilizing the term "gay" as a negative adjective, while not neccesarily homophobic, does denote a certain uncomfortableness with the gay lifestyle, and by all means, it is our job to go out and make sure that everyone views men [censored] other men in the ass as a positive thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you go on to say you have no problem with it, but i certainly think its possible and probably a good thing to disallow the public attachment of negative connotations to the term without necessarily condoning or endorsing it. of course i have no clue as to cits, adanthars, or anyone elses view of homosexuality. doesnt bother me in the slightest, but even if someone doesnt like it they can live without using the word gay as an insult on the forum i think.

[ QUOTE ]
To those who are saying "be more creative than saying retarded":

FU.

Between the nine hours a day i spend in irc listening to cardo talk about being homeless and the 12 hours listening to my gf talk about why,,,well, whatever she talks about, i dont have time to write disertations on why what someone said is beyond stupid. Hence, "You are stupid"

[/ QUOTE ]

there, i did it for you. no effort required on your part, you sound very busy.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:24 PM

i can understand 2p2 not wanting a bunch of rich white kids running around their forums with "nigga this" and "nigga that". I can also understand a crackdown on the recent rise in fake antisemetic stuff.

But to expand the banned list to "gay" and "retarded" is just a word that I am no longer allowed to say. I couldn't believe that the word h omo was in the censored list on an adult gambling forum. These new rules take the GD cake.

The everyday use of these words in the target demographic is so standard. Young brash guys taking shots at other guys sexuality as a means of a putdown is probably the original insult. But now, on BBV4L of all places, this is bannable? WTF? And then they put Moddy Dearest in charge?

On top of all that, we lost Yves and Guild who were the yin and yang of the group (hope that doesn't offend the japs or the chinese or whoever does that yin and yang stuff).
Old 02-22-2007, 07:25 PM

can i still say 'shucks', 'darn' and 'golly' ?
what abour running around during recess?
Old 02-22-2007, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
can i still say 'shucks', 'darn' and 'golly' ?
what abour running around during recess?

[/ QUOTE ]

omg obv not temp ban for saying those increadibly offensive words
Closed Thread