UTG+1: $97.11
MP1: $66.97
MP2: $289.20
MP3: $132.52
CO: $149.38
Button: $144.27
SB: $89.50
BB: $99

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, 2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($7, 7 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $4</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($27, 5 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP3 bets $25.65</font>, CO calls, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds.

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($103.95, 3 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP3 bets $100.95</font>, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero calls all-in $19.61</font>.
Uncalled bets: $81.34 returned to MP3.

So I have double suited - 3 different running hi cards and some kind of lo hand available - is this good or have I got this backwards??

By the turn I figure one of them has the Ahigh flush but I have an OESFD and as most players seem to play A2xx then if the xx doesn't have another lo card in it they have no low hand so I might scoop the whole thing.

Is this totally crazy or am I maybe getting somewhere?
Old 05-03-2006, 04:13 AM

Default Re: Great o/8 hands I have butchered #12 - PP$100 PL

honestly i would just fold that UTG. you're first to act with a one-way hand.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:37 AM

Fold this PF Neo. Unlike yourself, this hand is not "The One". Barring that, fold the flop. Barring that, fold the turn. Barring that (too many bars in this post),
fold the river. BTW, if such a thing as 6th street existed in PLO8, you should fold there as well.

You have SEVEN people in the hand with you!!! Jesus, this isn't an Omaha 8 hand, it's a Mexican fiesta. Do you honestly believe that nobody has an A3? And on the turn you are drawing to only one card in the entire deck that enables you to scoop this pot, 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. You don't really have an OESFD because it's a virtual certainty that someone has the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in their hand. Do yourself a favor next time and consult the Oracle before you decided to play a hand like this from UTG.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:01 AM

I agree with others that this should be folded preflop, checked on the flop, and folded on the turn. Im not completely against your call on the river, it looks like youre calling $20 to win a $125 pot. Id say you probably have a 1/3 chance of winning the low half, and combine that with the chance that the other guy has gone insane, and youve got pot odds to make the call.

Also, you cant say that you realize that someone has the ace high flush, and then say you have an openended straight flush draw.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:02 AM

FWIW My name is actually Mr Anderson Bat-Man - but I digress.

Seeing as how the general consensus is that this hand should have more folds in than a black belt in origami's practice paper I guess I got my title about right.

Generally speaking hands like AA23 excellent A234 very good AKQx very bad. I decided to play it cos all the hands with lo draws I'd played up till then had hit all hi flops - I thought it might be worth a punt.

As it turned out my read was goot Villain holds A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]xx with no other low cards - his lo was counterfeited by the board and I was very lucky to split the pot - you lives and learns. Yoo are obviously right about my not having an OESFD I should have noticed that as well...
Old 05-04-2006, 08:34 AM

My apologies Mr. Anderson. Give Agent Smith a punch to the groin for me ok?

BTW I wouldn't say your hand is very bad, it has alot of potential provided you can see the flop for cheap on or near the button. And if said flop comes with two or three high cards your hand has a ton of value.