Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 10:14 AM

Default Re: Always get that perfect river

99+, AQ+ is a pretty wide range for 3-betting an UTG raiser, but you could obv be right. Snapping off river bluffs with ace high is overrated as it wont happen that often. Since you're planning on calling a river bet on a blank, checking turn only saves you like 70 bucks against AA/KK. Anyway, against a range this wide I get it in on flop. If not, I bet turn in a second.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:15 AM

I guess your line isn't too out of order but definately wreaks of playing scared, if you play it like this every time. People three bet w/o AA KK fgators
Old 10-10-2007, 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I honestly find you not raising this flop and getting it in on this turn seriously flawed.

[/ QUOTE ]

If my 3 bet range for him is JJ+,AK,AQ I am only getting it in good on the turn vs him with JJ, the rest I lose to or I fold out.

Maybe I haven't explained this guy enough but I think he's an uncreative nit, though I haven't played that many hands with him.

[/ QUOTE ]

You havnt played that many hands with him, therefore you dont know if he is going to bluff the river with his missed AK or AQ. If you seriously believe that his range is that narrow, then wouldnt it be better to raise the flop or bet the turn and not give him 5 cards for one bet? All your doing is putting yourself in a bad situation.

There are a lot of nits that will play AK like AA or KK, just get the money in and fist pump.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
just get the money in and fist pump.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen.
How often do people smooth call a three bet w/ AA these days?
Old 10-10-2007, 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess your line isn't too out of order but definately wreaks of playing scared, if you play it like this every time. People three bet w/o AA KK fgators

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah people that are creative. Not guys that only reraise UTG raisers with JJ+,AK which was my read on this guy.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:21 AM

i raise flop
Old 10-10-2007, 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I honestly find you not raising this flop and getting it in on this turn seriously flawed.

[/ QUOTE ]

If my 3 bet range for him is JJ+,AK,AQ I am only getting it in good on the turn vs him with JJ, the rest I lose to or I fold out.

Maybe I haven't explained this guy enough but I think he's an uncreative nit, though I haven't played that many hands with him.

[/ QUOTE ]

You havnt played that many hands with him, therefore you dont know if he is going to bluff the river with his missed AK or AQ. If you seriously believe that his range is that narrow, then wouldnt it be better to raise the flop or bet the turn and not give him 5 cards for one bet? All your doing is putting yourself in a bad situation.

There are a lot of nits that will play AK like AA or KK, just get the money in and fist pump.

[/ QUOTE ]

What am I fist pumping with exactly if I get the money in if my range, which I believe is accurate, is JJ+,AK?
Old 10-10-2007, 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i raise flop

[/ QUOTE ]

And why is that? And did you really fold QQ to my 3 bet yesterday yet you are advising this?
Old 10-10-2007, 10:25 AM

i think that you just have to accept that AA/KK is part of his range if youre going to play it like this. Also, it seems impossible to deduce that he almost definitely has AA/KK and tailor your play to that idea since you only 3bet preflop. He could have any number of hands. Its also hard since you haev no stats. imo as its played raise flop for sure and get it in on turn. 6 is a good card cause it means he probably doesn't have 6 6 and reduces chances he has a set. you can't slow play an overpair like this because its not a strong enough hand. if he does it, its a mistake and you should exploit it. also, 10s and jacks, even 9s look just as good as queens to him most likely, so you have to consider that

response to fgators
Old 10-10-2007, 10:26 AM

You are giving an unknown way to much respect, imo. You can fold to further action if he calls your flop raise. He could be squeezing with deuces for all you know.