Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2007, 12:49 AM

Default 25NL | AK river play

This was my 4th or 5th hand at the table. I had not gotten out of line.

Anyone like firing on this river????

C-bet flop??

Comments on all streets welcome.

Full Tilt Poker
$0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
BB: $8.9
UTG: $48.45
MP: $31.40
CO: $42.40
BTN: $18
Hero (SB): $27.85

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($0.35, 6 players)
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="red">MP raises to $1.10</font>, CO calls $1.10, BTN folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4.90</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, MP calls $3.80, CO calls $3.80

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 5 Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($15.2, 3 players)
Hero checks, MP checks, CO checks

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 5 Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [2] ($15.2, 3 players)
Hero checks, MP checks, CO checks

<font color="black">River:</font> 5 Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] ($15.2, 3 players)
<font color="red">Hero???</font>
Old 01-06-2007, 12:55 AM

Default Re: 25NL | AK river play

dude, cbet the flop to see where you're at. no point in betting river if you don't barrel on any of the streets.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:56 AM

I always c-bet this flop. You've represented a huge hand, so unless a villain is holding QQ/AQ/KQ I don't think you'll see any calls. Betting the river is a lot worse than betting the flop, because whereas on the flop a hand like 99 will fold most of the time, I don't think you can get a villain to lay it down after you've checked the flop and turn.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:06 AM

I'd lead out this river for $10.
Flop and turn are good. C-betting into 2 other players on a two tone flop with a Q on the board is bad.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:08 AM

check river. A bet gets looked up by any PP.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:18 AM

Normally I bet the flop, about 2/3+ pot, perhaps $12. You're very likely to either have the best hand here or be against very marginal hands, but there could be many outs to beat you. Also, you're out of position and if you check it now you are amplifying your positional disadvantage by repping a whiffed hand. This is also the reason why your river bet is spew -- it is likely to be called by extremely marginal hands, which may have folded to a flop bet.

Checking the flop is an option, albiet one I like much less than betting. But you have to realize that if you check this flop, it's pretty much a give-up if you don't improve, or sometimes even if you improve with a A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. The shorter staks get, the more I like checking the flop.

By the way, preflop was excellent. Far far better than flatcalling. Well done.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd lead out this river for $10.
Flop and turn are good. C-betting into 2 other players on a two tone flop with a Q on the board is bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree w/ this. Betting river is horrible bc like someone else said, a PP is looking you up all day. Cbetting this depends on how often you've 3bet thus far at the table. You said you just said down so I'm assuming this is the first time. This is why I like a cbet here for 2/3 pot on a paired board into 2 opponents. Most people's 3betting range is super tight so they assume you only 3bet tight also.