Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2007, 05:46 AM

Default AA postflop played right?

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $23.95
BB: $57.45
UTG: $4.25
<font color="black">Hero (BTN): $42</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.50</font>, SB calls $1.40, BB folds, UTG calls $1.25

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($4.75) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">UTG bets all-in for $2.75</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $7</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $11.25</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $40.50</font>, SB calls all-in for $11.20
Uncalled bet of $18.05 returned to Hero

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($52.40) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players - 3 All-In)

<font color="black">River:</font> ($52.40) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players - 3 All-In)

Pot Size: $52.40 ($2.50 Rake)
Old 05-07-2007, 06:07 AM

Default Re: AA postflop played right?

Looks fine at this level
Old 05-07-2007, 06:13 AM

Your flop raise is too small. Pot is 7.5. A potsize raise would be somewhere around 13. I would make it at least 10. Better 11. The board isn't very draw heavy, still SBs reraise sucks. It would be nice to have any idea of what he's like. Loose? Aggressive? Passive. I actually like calling the minraise, looking at the turn and going from there. Problem is: he could easily have an overpair to the board here and pushing you off the better hand or overplay TP or a flushdraw. Nevertheless, with one player all-in and you raising, he is showing a considerable amount of strength and you should proceed carefully with your one pair hand against an unknown.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:22 AM

SB is very Lag with 61/13/1.6 over 135 Hands
Old 05-07-2007, 07:00 AM

Uh, I fold after SB's 3-bet. check / min 3-bet ? Nice monster...
Old 05-07-2007, 07:08 AM

Unless SB is an idiot I'm pretty worried since he cold called pf. Unless he's seen you splashing around, and raising a lot of pots lately this looks like it could be a pp looking to flop a set on you. I really think he flopped a set of deuces, although he could have tens as well.

I don't know if you can fold, but I hope you didn't just instashove without thinking about what his min reraise meant here.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:12 AM

I call the flop-minraise and see what happens on the turn. I'd actually like him to check turn and then check behind. My goal here is to make it to showdown and keep the pot mid-sized. If you're lucky, he's got an overpair. I've seen people take this line w JJ on a very similar flop before.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:44 AM

his raise meant the following:

SB had 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Sixes) and WON (+$25.95)
UTG had 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (two pairs, Tens and Sixes) and LOST (-$4.25)
Hero had A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (two pairs, Aces and Sixes) and LOST (-$23.95)
Old 05-07-2007, 07:52 AM

Well, I expected a draw but a mediocre pair is the other part of most laggy players that check/minraise on the flop. People, let go of the believe that a c/mr on the FLOP means a set always. A c/mr on the TURN is serious bidness though, most of the time, although many laggy players start to exploit that as well...
Old 05-07-2007, 10:21 AM

I had a similar situation last night were some nutjob miniraised me on the flop with 2nd pair. When certain villains do this, I agree that it certainly is not always a big hand.

As to the hand, I really hate calling and seeing the turn. Villain has half his stack in and hero has few outs to improve. Villain is shoving most turns if not all of them. I would be all in or folding this flop.