Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2007, 03:02 AM

Default Re: So I guess Stars isn\'t asking to show hole cards at FT\'s anymore.

i mean, ultimately, we can get all up in arms about this... but really, from stars pov, so what? its not like we're not going to play the million because of it. they stand to lose absolutely nothing and stand to gain more entertainment value for their recreational players.

i can see the argument that this is "unfair," although i think its a bit of a stretch, but they just have no reason to care.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:05 AM

i have no prob with it
Old 11-11-2007, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shaniac and KneeCo are exactly right on this issue. The point is that Stars is changing their policy, with respect to their largest weekly tournament, without giving the players anything in return.

[/ QUOTE ]
you get in return:
- safer games (thus more money - except if you wanna cheat [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] )
- happier fish (thus more money)
- way way more "it's all rigged" players (thus way way more money)
Old 11-11-2007, 11:39 PM

I don't plan on final tabling this tournament ever so I see no problem with this
Old 11-11-2007, 11:41 PM

On the serious i think this is a very minor concession and Stars is usually very good to its players i have no problem with giving them this
Old 11-11-2007, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They are giving you something in return. They are guaranteeing a prize fund of 1 million dollars! Any site that is willing to put that kind of money on the line should have the right to make a relatively minor requirement like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a little disingenuous. They are guaranteeing 1m but they know they wont be running an overlay and they reserve the right to change it from week to week (which don't get me wrong is perfectly reasonable). What I mean is that they can and will change the guarantee if they foresee an overlay, we've seen the 1m changed before when something like this happened (I believe it was on Christmas or something, and they changed it to a 100k added which in turn translated to a rake reduction for those playing).

What I'm saying is it's a little bit fallacious to say they are "willing to put that kind of money on the line", because they hold the cards, and the money is only on the line until they choose to take it back.

Again, I'm not saying this is the end of the world, or that stars is anything but the best site out there and the mil is anything but the best mtt on the net. I'm just saying this particular change in policy is unfair to the players, and I will speak against it if only to make sure Stars knows people are looking out for players' rights.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:01 AM

I suck at poker. I'm totally looking forward to Stars showing my holecards when I FT the Million.