Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2007, 05:17 PM

Default new to stud8, how\'s this

7 Card Stud High-Low ($0.04/$0.08), Ante $0.01 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.75 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 2: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (5.75 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (5.88 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks

6th Street - (5.88 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds

River - (7.88 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___bets
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds

Total pot: (7.88 BB)
Old 07-24-2007, 05:32 PM

Default Re: new to stud8, how\'s this

I would have just called on 4th street. While you have a nice looking hand, I would think it might be worth keeping the others in the pot. However, it did get you a free card on 5th street, which is good, so I can't say it was a big error.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:03 PM

Good hand. I don't like bringing in full, but I consider that more of a style thing.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:32 PM

I don't bring it in for a full bet very often, and some of these nits will tell you that you should never bring it in full. In this case in particular, there is an Ace to your immediate left. People with Aces in the door tend to raise a fair amount. If this guy faces the field with two bets, you may get a lot of folders, and you're really looking for callers. Perhaps at nano-limits you'll get action anyway.

On fourth, your raise is likely to shut people out, and I'd want to tie them on. Fifth, sixth, and seventh all look pretty standard.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't bring it in for a full bet very often, and some of these nits will tell you that you should never bring it in full.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a hard time coming up with a situation in which I would bring in full in a full Hi/Lo game. There's just too much value in people thinking you must be FOS board-betting because you're the bringin.

This may be because I do a fair amount of FOS board-betting anyway, though.