Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 04:14 PM

Default NL10 SH TPTK ont the flop vs. min3bet preflop

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($3.60)
SB ($10)
BB ($14.55)
UTG ($23.80)
Hero ($11.75)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.10, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.4</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $0.7</font>, Hero calls $0.30.

Flop: ($1.55) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $0.8</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, UTG calls $1.70.

Turn: ($6.55) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $2</font>, Hero calls $2.

River: ($10.55) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $7</font>, Hero calls $6.55 (All-In).

Final Pot: $23.66

I guess this hand is somehow misplayed, because after the turn donkbet i should normally be beat, say up against AJ, AQ.

As I come from fixed limit (and switched to NL just a few weeks ago) i decided to simply (tilt-)calldown :-( also i had no read (6 hands or so...).
Old 11-05-2007, 04:21 PM

Default Re: NL10 SH TPTK ont the flop vs. min3bet preflop

raise more on the flop. and I personally prefer a tiny bigger raise preflop. I'd call the turn and river as well. very unlikely villain has a J.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:44 PM

Get it in on the turn?
Old 11-05-2007, 04:45 PM

pop it to .50 preflop. Then 4bet raise his stupid minbet.

Flop play is fine. Turn is ok, I guess raising forces out anything we have beat.

I don't know about the river. He's repping a very good hand. I don't know what we beat here (looks like just AQ). A 10 outflopped us, AJ rivered a full house, and the flush draw came. KQ made the straight. AA, 10 10, and 88 already had us crushed. This is a tough fold, imo/.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:21 PM

I labored with this one too. I had something wrote out then hesitated cause I didn't know what to do with the river. Villain's line is very strange. Some type of read would really help here. His line pre flop is very strong, esp since he seems to be very passive post flop. I don't 4bet pre flop cause IME a limp/raise pre flop is usually a monster, so I'm proceeding very cautiously after just calling the 3bet.

I would raise the flop more, maybe his bet could have been some type of block bet with KK,QQ or something.

He donks the turn so weak you have to at least call, odds are really good.

The river is tough, his bet is actually a decent size, and his line has been pretty strong if you can disregard his previous bet sizing. This could just be a very passive Villain trying to induce someone to do the betting for him the whole time. His line is pretty confusing though. I guess I'd fold the river, but I sure wouldn't like it.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:47 PM

villain is unknown in this spot - he showed me KK and i was lucky, but i'd be more satisfied if played correct.

Call donk always stinks, i dont like this line :-(